Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks!

Comment

Thats a nice pile of quartz points ya got there Dan.

Comment

Let me take some of them off your hands.They would go perfect with my quartz collection.I have about 70 quartz points,not near as many as you.I would love to come visit and find me some of them quartz beauties!
        D.Frost

Comment

crystal is my fave but a  close second is the blue grey sugary
          North Carolina

Comment

Well, since I run into quartz up here in Conn. I figured I'd throw a point or two in here as well.....
            first, a nice Squibnocket triangle that I was very lucky to find.....it was buried in sand hiding all the edges, I thought I was poking yet just another piece of lithic material until the point slid out of it's hiding place revealing the form.

Possibly an Adena quartz......

Levanna missing one ear.....

Southern Connecticut

Comment

Is anyone familiar with eclogite? I believe it is found only in southern Appalachian mountains in a few spots in N. Carolina, S. Carolina, East. Tenn. It is composed of omphacite and garnet. Omphacite is jadeite less than 80% pure. Many of the meso american "jade" items are actually omphacite or eclogite. I believe ceremonial items, bannerstones, pipes and birdtones were made  out of eclogite and traded to the Southeast, Florida and up to the midwest. I hope someone can provide some information as there is none in the literature. Eclogite is the densest metamorphic rock, about 3.5 specific gravity, feels like hematite in the hand, and fairly hard, 7-7.5 MOHs.

Comment

Nice stuff!! Quartz is pretty crude or not.. My first point I ever found was in
                NC it was well made of blood quartz really pretty.. I own a few high quality quartz points I'll p
                Post soon

Comment

Here's some local Va. quartz types I frequently find. It ranges from coarse grained low grade quartzite to finer grained crystal and milky and vein quartz. Great thread here, it's good to see all the variety from around the country.

Comment

This is the first point I ever found its made of red/orange quartz... I found it when I was 7 in the Chowan river in NC.. I've loved quartz ever since!

Comment

Weepingeyegorget wrote:

This is the first point I ever found its made of red/orange quartz... I found it when I was 7 in the Chowan river in NC.. I've loved quartz ever since!
                      That's a beauty !

Comment

Love that orange! And Ryan that Dalton? is awesome!

Comment

Very cool displays Matt!!!

Comment

My 3 favorite quartz points, from Alleghany co. NC
                          Crystal Quartz

Comment

'Em are some nicuns, those crystal points are fantastic

Comment

Wow, those are amazing!  How big are they?
                              ~Noah

Comment

Working...
                              X