No announcement yet.

Local Quartz Types from Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are beautiful pieces! Thanks for sharing. Just had our first snow in Lafayette, Indiana. I managed to pick these guys up yesterday.

Comment

Nice but blurry 

Comment

Lots of nice points everyone has posted. Here's a few crystal quartz thumb scapers I picked up over the years.

Comment

Nice Sam very nice scrapers, That last pic looks yellow I wonder if its quartz or topaz?
          I have a few I will have to post some pics.
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Nice Ice! Here is the only yellow I have found in Indiana...
            ..so far.

Comment

Sam, those are little jewels for sure !

Comment

So much quartz and ALL sooooo...beautiful!  Here's a piece of green quartz from Ohio.

Comment

I would love to find a nice point made from that green quartz. Lots of quartz around here but I hadn't seen any green yet that I recall.

Comment

Is that green piece a scraper, possibly damaged? It looks like flaking from the lower edge- what does the other side look like? Cool color!

Comment

CliffJ wrote:

Is that green piece a scraper, possibly damaged? It looks like flaking from the lower edge- what does the other side look like? Cool color!
                        I would not venture to say a scraper.  Think it would be way too small to scrape anything.  It's less than one inch in length.  This is a pic of the other side though.  I was thrilled to find green quartz!   

Comment

After looking at all these cool quartz pieces I went to a place 25 miles from my home today. It was worth it cause I knew there would be some quartz pieces there. I found some scrapers and 1 whole point. The rest most of them base point pieces. I did find 1 item shaped but not flaked of red quartz and I am not sure what it is. I uploaded it to my profile pics.

Comment

Pam, Cliff may be right. Flat on the back side beveled on the front. Take a look at those thumb scrapers shartis posted. About the same size.

Comment

Butch Wilson wrote:

Pam, Cliff may be right. Flat on the back side beveled on the front. Take a look at those thumb scrapers shartis posted. About the same size.
                              Cliff usually is right...but I don't know enough about artifacts to have called this a scraper.  I wouldn't have said that because I woulda been wrong! :laugh: Actually, I didn't even think about it!  I'll take a another look at shartis's post.  Thanks

Comment

Looks like it could be a scraper. Thumbnail scrapers were named for the size and shape of a thumbnail Pam they can be very small. Check this one out thta is my pinky tip in the picture. This one was usded as a scraper, a spoke shave and a graver. One of my smallest scrapers and my smallest multitool for sure.

TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Very nice, Hoss.  Very small, huh?  So I may have a green quartz thumb scraper?  That's too cool!

Comment

Working...
                                X