No announcement yet.

Local Quartz Types from Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never added this stuff to the Quartz pages. This link will show a Chalcedony Squibnocket Triangle point from CT. Chalcedony is a cryptocrystalline quartz. It can come in any color under the rainbow. In Connecticut I have found mostly gray I have several points in the gray color. I have a few small specimens of a red colored material. I found the red in strata with Archaic points but the material was just too small and thick to make into anything.

TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I've been thinking, and reading back over the comments on this green quartz.  I think I didn't show enough of the piece to give you guys a clear view of it.  It just looks like a little pyramid shaped bobble of quartz.  It isn't flat on any side...it has several sides.  I became excited when a scraper was mentioned and my hopes were up.  Anyway, I think my hopes will be shattered when you see the rest of the pictures.
      Pam

Comment

It does look like a slightly beat-up thumb scraper, but it may take in-hand inspection to verify that. With crystaline material it is hard to see flaking in pics.

Comment

This is another small quartz piece from Ohio.  Possibly has citrine inclusions.

Comment

Hey Matt:
            It's no small wonder i can't find any points..looks like you have em all!  Nice collections.
            Jim

Comment

LOL there are millions out there undiscovered. Keep looking and be patient. I started with a guide when I was a kid and he was the best! It still took me two years to find a perfect point.
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

A couple more handfuls of Virginia quartz.

Comment

Sweet Virginia Quartz!

Comment

Thanks for adding Ryan those are awesome     

Comment

very nice crystal points indeed , very nice !! , i have a few in the collection ,, u guys from the   carolinas know ,,, so much material here ,(( but just don't flack like the chert does ))..
                      means there are fewer arrowheads , like in the upper great lakes area, and texas of course !
                              but work hard at it enough and we know what can happen !! this was last weekend spent 2 days walking
                          these hill's i will not again attempt to get so much stuff out , even though i;m on a dirt bike .
                          had to be 80lbs on my back ,
                            but the next few weeks will be fun ,, yea should see all the blades and scrapers . 
                         oh yeah about 6 hills look like this .
                      p.s. go carolina !! lol

Comment

Butch, those are beauties!

Comment

Those are some beautiful quartz arrowheads.  I love to find quartz anytime I hunt.  Nice material!

Comment

Here are a couple of quartz "rib ticklers" from Columbia SC.

Comment

thanks all .mr butch.heres a couple more that i like.that is strange to me i never could find a quartz point back home .they are there but not in great numbers.but since i lived here i struggle to find flint and chert.lol.

Comment

Nice ones Dave nothin' better than nicely knapped quartz. I don't find any here, I sure miss them.

Comment

Working...
                                X