commented on 's reply
    Beautiful stuff

• WAH
    replied
    Cool material, sweet points

Leave a comment:

• SurfaceHunter
    commented on 's reply
    I call this guy the Quartz King!! I still text him from time to time my finds. He shows me his recent finds and most times it’s more than I’ve found all year. He is still collecting can you imagine the amount he has?

• Cecilia
    commented on 's reply
    Angel, I see you are truly hooked and very, very proud of your Quartz Guilford. And you should be!! But, like Hoss has to remind me ever so often, this is an old post, and your response may not get lotsa attention. Regardless, I happened to be browsing this a.m., and am ready with fresh “Beautiful!”

O, and accolades to you for going back over old AH stuff. It’s an incredible source and wonderful way to learn. (And, you will never be bored again!)
    Last edited by Cecilia; 06-25-2021, 09:17 AM.

• T.Angel
    replied
    Here's my Quartz Guilford. Beautiful points guys!

Leave a comment:

• gregwa
    replied
    being from Mass gotta love the quartz...50% of my finds

Leave a comment:

• Ron Kelley
    replied
    Some real beauties there Dennis. Thanks for the look.
    Some of those look like ice.

Leave a comment:

• Butch Wilson
    replied
    Nice peices of quartz Southfork ! Those crystal points are beauties !

Leave a comment:

• south fork
    replied
    They say Quartz Crystal are one in a thousand in my area . Personal finds .

Leave a comment:

• CMD
    replied
    Yep, they found a good home in a warmer clime

Leave a comment:

• Butch Wilson
    replied
    Technically these are not Carolina quartz. These points were found in Rhode Island by CMD, Charlie sent them to me as a gift. Weel, since the reside in NC now.........maybe they are Carolina quartz points! Thanks Charlie !

Leave a comment:

• NCUke
    replied
    Here is one my daughter found yesterday in our back yard in Durham. First time. I posted it tonight asking about it - have a look. Yours is awesome - the quartz is really clear!

Leave a comment:

• Borodog
    replied
    Also found what may have been a damaged and discarded blank; it's flat and looks to have been worked to a general arrowhead shape, but one of the corners where the notch goes looks to have been sheared off.

Leave a comment:

• Borodog
    replied
    Thanks. I have a theory that the head may have been damaged in manufacture and discarded; there are a very large number of small sharp crystal quartz shards in the area, like it was a work site for knapping. They are sharp as hell too; sliced my finger open collecting some.

Leave a comment:

• CliffJ
    replied
    Borodog wrote:

Hi guys; I'm new. I was walking in my back yard this afternoon with my sons and found this beautiful quartz arrowhead on the ground. We live in central NC.

Does anyone know how old it might be? Our back yard is absolutely chock full of quartz. It looks like I'm not the first inhabitant to notice. ;O) Now I have to find at least one more (I have two boys!).
    That looks like a Kirk Corner notched with a little damage, made of quartz. That would be 6000 to 8000 or so years old. Nice NC find!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X