seems almost like plastic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seems almost like plastic?

its not, but it almost feels like it.this is my roomates point(the same one i talked about in the contest entry)she found it a few feet in front of me one day.i think it MAY be a big levanna but its hard to tell cause of the damage.(we have more than one style "triangular" point around here) i hope the pics do the color and texture justice. its the only one ive seen made outta this material, i was wondering what kind though?

call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Levanna most likely. Looks like this material, but I don't know what it is. Either a chert or it's one of our metavolcanics. Color is off a bit here; it's as jet black as the Levanna....

Rhode Island

Comment

great looking point you got there charlie! ya, they do look like the same material.metavolcanic?thats cool,seems like a real good possibility.thanks.
      call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Hey Guys, Thanks for the pics. That is a strange looking material.
        It looks like the artifacts were melted.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Ron Kelley wrote:

Hey Guys, Thanks for the pics. That is a strange looking material.
          It looks like the artifacts were melted.
            Especially on Jay's piece, Ron. It looks like actual melt in places! It must be related to the water weathering of the material. Jay, don't think it can be identified until someone with better regional lithic knowledge sees it/holds in hand. ASAA meeting 3/22
          Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
          X