Material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Material

Walked 5 hours Wednesday, only found a beat-up blade, a couple of scrappers and a broke. But also found a chunk of chert (same as that core I found hunting with Greg). Will post picture tonite after work to see if any of you can ID it. Mark.

Sounds like a descent day of finds, anyhow. Or atleast, one of MY typical days! I got rained out of work today and the river is up. I think Im  gonna go flip some rocks on the high ground and see if I cant find something.

Comment

Hey guys - it's been dank and damp here in Tenn for the past 3 days.  No hunting in sight but hopefully today the sun will shine    ---Chuck
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Mark
        Did you show that material?
        Jack

Comment

Here are my "meager" finds and that strange material. Pictures suck and dont give it justice. There is also a quartz deposit but cant see it well due to crappy pic.!

Comment

That is pretty material, and any artifact found is a good day.
            Jack

Comment

Almost like a wood grain? Never seen anything quite like it. I know one thing though.....cant do the 6 mile walks like when I was younger! :unsure:  Got woke up last night twice with nasty leg cramps. :woohoo:

Comment

Nice finds and pretty material! Happy hunting!

Comment

Hey, pretty good day, was figuring you would make out pretty good after your finds from last trip and all the rain.  Now all you gotta do is spend another five hours walking perpendicular to your last walk with your left arm tucked under your right armpit, while whistling Monty Pythons, "I'm a Lumberjack, but I don't care".
                  They will come, they will come.  :laugh:
                  Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Jeez Greg! Think you may have partaken in as many beers as ive partaken tonite!!! I love Monty Pythons flying circus!! The Brits have a warped since of humor....like me! And by the way, Karly wants to go out hunting after school tommorow..... may just try that!! Mark. :laugh:

Comment

LOL!  I did go to a place on the Ohio River today that was heavily hunted but the flint and broken round river rock was literly everywhere!  I'd be happy to show anyone if your down Louisville Kentucky way..I-65!

Comment

Ya ever seen material like that? Dont think its native to Michigan. I think its cool to find ancient trade goods!

Comment

the far left piece looks like a broken node!

Comment

sorry right piece

Comment

No Dan, the core! the last pictures.

Comment

Working...
                              X