Petrified Wood/Coincidence and Cool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petrified Wood/Coincidence and Cool

Couple pieces of petrified wood, with coincidental markings.  There's a lot of this petrified wood in the field I hunt, also.

Have you found any worked petrified wood?

Comment

That looks more like iron ore instead of petrified wood. It looks like it broke in flakes, and is rusted like iron ore.
      Chris

Comment

argohunter wrote:

That looks more like iron ore instead of petrified wood. It looks like it broke in flakes, and is rusted like iron ore.
        Chris
          I really dont't know.  It probably is.  I saw the bottom and thot wood, most of the iron ore being really orange, crumbly, and such.  Shown below is the bottom.
        Pam

Comment

That looks like the iron ore we find here. I bet a little magnet will stick to it.
          Chris

Comment

argohunter wrote:

That looks like the iron ore we find here. I bet a little magnet will stick to it.
            Chris
              Nope.  Magnet doesn't stick.

Comment

It is a unique material whatever it is Pam. I have never found petrified wood here in Ohio, but I am in the NE and you are further south I believe. Could very well be p-wood though. If it is gives me hope to find some here in Ohio someday myself!!-Bill

Comment

wmwallace wrote:

It is a unique material whatever it is Pam. I have never found petrified wood here in Ohio, but I am in the NE and you are further south I believe. Could very well be p-wood though. If it is gives me hope to find some here in Ohio someday myself!!-Bill
                  Bill - There's an abundance of petrified wood in the field that I walk.  Also, flint.  I posted this piece once before, take a look at it.  Unique...to say the least!
                This is the same piece as in the first pic, reverse side and different angle.
                Have a great day, Bill

Comment

CousinDan wrote:

Have you found any worked petrified wood?
                    Not to my knowledge.  Just looked at Argohunter's petrified wood.  One of the pieces resembles a piece I just found, and thought it was flint.  I dunno
                  Pam

Comment

Looks like the stone I find here in Georgia. Put some mineral oil on it and see the colors come out in it. Just wipe it on with a cloth it will go back to its normal color in a couple of days.

Comment

Working...
                    X