Heavy haul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy haul

I have a killer/hugh quarry spot way up on top of a hill here in Spicewood Texas. I believe it is the highest point in the county. I have been bringing bucket loads of really nice tools and cores...just beautiful. I have also found some brokes up there. I havent dug anywhere there. I have been bringing home pieces of the top home. These two are very heavy. I have been eyeballing them for a year or more. Sunday I was able to get the top piece about 1/6 of the way to the truck and I havent evev started descending yet. I am gonna get these suckers. The bottom one is alot heavier Click image for larger version

Name:	GERBER 043.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	241.5 KB
ID:	172106

So no just kicking it down the hill huh? Once you get them home, yard decoration or making artifacts?
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Nice piece! Have you posted your other finds from there?

Comment

i like a good knappable material as much as the next knapper
        but i think i would have left them behind
        they look to be full of fractures,by time you remove the bad material there aint gonna be much left

if you are bringing them back to knapp with.i would recomend doing all your percussion reduction work at the site and only bringing the good portion home

but if your bringing it for yard decor,more power to ya

Comment

That is a ton of work you have ahead of you Wilson. Good luck with the move.
          Bruce
          In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

I agree with Sneaky. Bust it up out there and bring home what you can use. Looks to me like that boulder has been banged on before and banged on a lot.
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I think he might be bringing it home for the artifact quality of it. It's basically a massive core.
              Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

A dog travois is good for 30 + kilos if the weather doesn't get too hot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DogTravois.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	173712
                If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

That material looks downright metallic.

Comment

Its on my quarry site. Everything up there has been banged and worked on. Looking out of my TP, it is the hill on the left is ultimate!! My house is on the 2nd highest point in Travis County Texas. The quarry site is the highest point in the county. See it? Click image for larger version

Name:	disc 057.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	175902 Click image for larger version

Name:	disc 055.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	175903 Click image for larger version

Name:	GOOD.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	175904

Comment

That's a neat place! Many snakes?
                      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Its on my quarry site. Everything up there has been banged and worked on. Looking out of my TP, it is the hill on the left is ultimate!! My house is on the 2nd highest point in Travis County Texas. The quarry site is the highest point in the county. See it?

Comment

Speaking of snakes Click image for larger version

Name:	Snake.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	190.2 KB
ID:	176285

Comment

Working...
                          X