Freaky, unuseable material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freaky, unuseable material

It's evident this material could not possibly be used for an arrowhead. What was the purpose of knapping any of it at all? Musta' had nothin' better to do that day. Seriously, what was the point? Practice?
    I took more photos, this is probably enough.

Kinda looks like one my molars that needs to get pulled.

Comment

Ewwwww, Noah.  I said I thought it was freaky, but I do think it's pretty.  Different than any I've found to date.  Really, a molar?  Gonna try to get that thought outta' my head!

Comment

Pam it could be fire pops from attemting to heat treat the material or dropped in the ol campfire.
        Butch

Comment

Butch Wilson wrote:

Pam it could be fire pops from attemting to heat treat the material or dropped in the ol campfire.
          Butch
            Sounds good to me, Butch.  Gotta' give me credit for knowin' that part of it wasn't Native American hands!  Looks really freaky.  Somethin' sure happened to it. 
          Pam

Comment

Pam
            Like Butch said its fire pop caused small gas pockets expanding under heat and blowing out. I like it, neat piece.
            Jack

Comment

fire pop was my first impression as well, looks like good knappable material if it was bigger and not as damaged by fire.
              Southern Connecticut

Comment

I could knap that! interesting material, I'd be inclined to agree with the fire damage appraisal.

Comment

Working...
                X