Materials I've gathered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Materials I've gathered

I think this is green and brown jasper, maybe chert, not sure. Going to start learning the art, hopefully this stuff with help get me started.

Looks like you've got a bunch of good materials gathered there. I love when I can find my own materials to knapp. Looking forward to see what you make.
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• Bloodhound
      Bloodhound commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, it's gonna be an interesting journey.

Hey Blookhound, That sure is a nice lookin pile of material. I'm looking forward to seeing your ancient art work.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Bloodhound
      Bloodhound commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!! Can't wait to get started. I have some leather, going to cut up one of my antler sheds, and still looking for a bopper. I plan on having everything together by this weekend.

heres my advice and were i think alot of us go wrong at first, DONT USE YOUR BEST ROCKS YET! i did it too, i saved up all the best stuff i could find and ordered a bunch of good rock and i busted it all to pieces without making anything much like a point, if i were you i would save all the good stuff and practice first on old glass and on old toilet porcelin. both are easily found free and even one old toilet lid is alot of knapping. practice busting all that stuff to hell instead of ruining the stuff that in 2-3 months of practice you could make something really nice out of. thats my advice! that and wear goggles and knapp outside with bandaids close by,lol. i wish you the best of luck in learning this once essential skill !
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

• Kyflintguy
      Kyflintguy commented
      Editing a comment
      Great advice Jay! Wished I would have done that when I started, I smashed a truckload of pretty Ft. Payne to dust....
Working...
X