Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oklahoma, any clues as to lithic?

Porcoa asked:
    One thing I'm really curious about is what type of material a knife I found was made from...

...The only other time I've seen material that looks the same is when I came across this picture of a North point.
    I' don't know what type of point my knife is. But, I found it in NE Oklahoma and the projectilepoints website says North points are mainly found pretty far NE of me. I don't know if you can find similar looking rock all over, if it just looks like the same material, if it traveled a ways to get here or what lol. Just trying to educate myself!

I would really appreciate any help if you can offer it.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Thanks for trying to help. I just seen you posted this. I should have posted it myself but it was late and I didn't look through the forum topics...

I can see the picture, I'll post it directly in case others can't see it. I included a second picture but the quality isn't that good. I could take better pictures this afternoon if that would help.

edit: it is wet in the first picture.
    Last edited by Porcoa; 03-31-2017, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Pretty looking stuff is it wet in the picture? Or does it just have a nice sheen? Click image for larger version

Name:	OK lithic.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	371.8 KB
ID:	246145
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Reeds Spring Chert, maybe.
        http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
          Pretty looking stuff is it wet in the picture? Or does it just have a nice sheen? Click image for larger version

Name:	OK lithic.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	371.8 KB
ID:	246145
          It is wet in that picture.

Comment

I have no suggestions as to the kind of lithic but it appears to be made of some kind of variegated chet. I guess you figured that out, already lol. But I wanted to comment on what a beautiful well made knife blade that you found.

Comment

Working...
            X