at first I thought it was a piece of glass or some sort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• at first I thought it was a piece of glass or some sort

Then, for a brief moment, I thought I had found the Hope diamond's little sister...
    Im guessing this was worked, its highly unusual.
    i posted a pic of it in another. Thread, but I'm really curious as to what it is...
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

I would say a piece of quartz, perhaps a scraper. Worked quartz is hard to photograph and can be better determined in hand

Comment

Looks like a quartz piece to me also. Arkansas is known for its diamonds though...
      The chase is better than the catch...
      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Do u know where they built the new bass pro on interstate 30 ????
        I found a camp right by it in all that clearing they were doing ... about 2 years I worked for a company out of Little Rock and I stayed at a qualityinn right down the road from that new Basspro and when I would get off of work I would park in there parking lot and hunt ..... there is lots of quarts around Little Rock , I still have several pieces I have picked up around Little Rock ...
        As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
        NW Arkansas

Comment

Quartz would be my guess as well.
          Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Looks oh so familiar-- Quartz for sure.
            Child of the tides

Comment

Originally posted by G10+ View Post
              Do u know where they built the new bass pro on interstate 30 ????
              I found a camp right by it in all that clearing they were doing ... about 2 years I worked for a company out of Little Rock and I stayed at a qualityinn right down the road from that new Basspro and when I would get off of work I would park in there parking lot and hunt ..... there is lots of quarts around Little Rock , I still have several pieces I have picked up around Little Rock ...
              That's about 10 miles from my home. I know exactly where you speak of, Otter creek runs through that marshy area behind it, and dumps into the Fourche Creek about 3/4 mile north.
              I've driven by there a million times and never though to look for anything there. Did you ever find any good points there?

Comment

Thank you all for the input. 👍 I have quartz all over the place at my home, but have never seen a piece that clear (except from the crystal mines around hot springs) and I certainly never saw any on the farm in east Arkansas.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro355 View Post

That's about 10 miles from my home. I know exactly where you speak of, Otter creek runs through that marshy area behind it, and dumps into the Fourche Creek about 3/4 mile north.
                  I've driven by there a million times and never though to look for anything there. Did you ever find any good points there?
                  Yes I did find a half of dozen or so points and tools ..... in the camp I also picked up several pieces of large quarts .... but outside that incampment I didn't find one piece , I think the Indians had picked them up and took them back to there camp .... I thought that was very cool .... I haven't bean by in a few years , it's probly all concrete by now :-(

Everett Williams ,
                  NW Arkansas

Comment

Originally posted by G10+ View Post
                    Yes I did find a half of dozen or so points and tools ..... in the camp I also picked up several pieces of large quarts .... but outside that incampment I didn't find one piece , I think the Indians had picked them up and took them back to there camp .... I thought that was very cool .... I haven't bean by in a few years , it's probly all concrete by now :-(

How's the song go...?

"they paved paradise...to put up a parking lot..."

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro355 View Post

How's the song go...?

"they paved paradise...to put up a parking lot..."
                      Geeeezzzz

Everett Williams ,
                      NW Arkansas

Comment

Working...
                      X