No announcement yet.

Great News about Jeff Boudreau's "A New England Typology - Expanded Edition"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great News about Jeff Boudreau's "A New England Typology - Expanded Edition"

I had heard from a good source that Jeff Boudreau's "A New England Typology - Expanded Edition" was soon to be published. I was just checking out the Massachusetts Arch Society web page and they have it listed saying that they will be available for sale in 6-8 weeks. I've been extremely lucky to have a pre-released copy for a while now and I am absolutely excited for the rest of you New England artifact enthusiasts. They are being sold for $80 and are easily worth double that price. There are over 1,200 full color photos of points, reporduced in their actual size. Also a section on lithics and loads of information. I've learned so much about my personal collection from this typology guide. This book will blow you away!

Always good to see new material coming on the market that promotes this passion. If I were a New Englander - I'd buy it. Maybe someone will do the same for the Tennessee area..
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Yep, I'm just as excited for our fellow collectors as you are, Alan. I just posted a plug for this great news in the "Suggested Reading" section. And I ordered a second copy! Thanks for pointing this out, Alan. For anybody who likes typology guides, 176 pages of life size full color photos cannot be beat....
      Rhode Island

Comment

Charlie, thanks for posting this in "Suggested Reading." I wasn't sure where best to post it. I'll probably pick up a second copy, just because! Ha. When I first got my copy, it sat on my nightstand for about 2 months, and every night before going to bed I'd go through it. It really helped put the timeline for NE points together for me.

Comment

• CMD
          CMD commented
          Editing a comment
          It's funny, I had taken some photos yesterday, and planned to start a thread in "suggested reading" this morn. I'm not surprised you beat me to it because it's an exciting development for sure. JMatt is also saving to get two copies, lol....

Hey Alan, Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I just ordered one and can't wait to tear into it. My copy will be dog eared and stained in a short time. I will have my copy handy as I knap out in the barn.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

I'm so jealous! Lol
          Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Working...
          X