No announcement yet.

Various Lithics From Local Auctions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are some sweet blades! What is the quartzite looking lithic, top row right of center, in the top pic? That is probably my favorite.
    Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      You're fine, Charlie. No confusion, I was just saying that I should apply a more broad term rather than assuming that I know the source. Also, the term sugar quartz has a nice ring to it. I understand the process that it takes to create quartzite and we have alot of metamorphosed stone and formations around here. That was the reason I was assuming the source was the st.Peters sandstone formation. It sits on top of the Everton and in spots is nearly impossible to tell the two apart just by looking at it and there was a lot of metamorphosis in some areas of the formations in my local area.

• Hoss
      Hoss commented
      Editing a comment
      Hixton does have a variety of colors http://www.lithiccastinglab.com/gall...mberhixton.htm

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Matt.

Well I learned from you two . I call it crumble quartz because it’s really is like you are describing.
    I really need to take a class and really wish I could . Local colleges out here won’t do one class .

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      I need to do the same.

• Bayport
      Bayport commented
      Editing a comment
      There is a very good video on youtube, about Hixton. Search for "Hixton Silcified Sandstone - Christopher Veit"

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Bayport.
Working...
X