What type of Chert does this look like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of Chert does this look like

Found a point and some bases out of this lithic . What type of Chert does this look like . Has the yellow that our jasper has but I don’t think it’s Jasper .

Not sure we're it was found but Hixton
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Hey Tam, It doesn't look like a quartzite to me but I don't know what it is either. That was one monster blade. Nice find.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Look's like a Newman possibly, not sure on Material though. Nice Find!
        http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Fossiliferous Coastal Plains Chert?? The patina is heavy on that. Try soaking in light mineral oil for a few days maybe the color and other attributes will show..
          Professor Shellman
          Tampa Bay

Comment

• Tam
            Tam commented
            Editing a comment
            Tom I want to thank you for that oil post . I actually did it on a point I found last week and what a diffrance . Red came out , mineral deposits .. it was glorious .

That was at a lake the old man owns . The water gets drained and reopened . I think it was like shaking a glass and the heavy stuff goes to the top . If they ever drain that I’ll text all of you and there is sure to be some crazy finds .
          actually old Herbert the guy at the beaver creek pulled that . Looked for the top part . I have never seen anything that big . Ever . Only the thin Benton types .

Comment

Coastal plans tom nailed it Tam
            Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Looks like a Savannah Rive base Coastal Plain Tom called it. Nice find Tam.
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
              X