Different flakes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different flakes.

Cleaned up the clunker bag from the last trip and these were in there. Not the usual blue/green flakes with whitish specs. Sometimes I pick up stuff just cause it looks neat or might be nice in momma's lamp she keeps threatnin to make with "pretty flakes".
    I thought the broken/attempted point on the left was mebbe the junky side of banded rhyolite? Got no clue on the second but it's kindof chert-ish or a finer grained rhyolite? The 3rd was just plain pretty and I'd love to find something more substantial in that. The far right one will lighten up a good bit when held up to light. Pretty much opaque I think.
    The clunker bag has gotten to be a high point of the clean-up. I never know what I'm gonna find in it and there's always a few mid-sections, points and tops I overlooked or forgot about. Thanks for lookin. d:^)

Lexington to the Sortof Southernmost Uwharries of NC. Jake..

I myself pick up everything . Tell your mom Target has a lo she can fill up .
    Love the banded one .

Comment

• HawgBonz
      HawgBonz commented
      Editing a comment
      Hehehe. I'll tell her, but she doesn't like Target anymore. "Momma" is Miz Kris. My ol lady. d;^)
      If I picked up everything I'd spend the rest of the week at the chiropractor! There's wayyyy too much crap on the ground around there to pick it all up.
      Anymore a lot of the "scrapers" stay on the ground unless there's somethin unique or especially pretty about them. d:^)

My iPhone will not post it’s ovef 200 mp but I could make you laugh . Chuck was kind enough to post for me . I was going to title one Squats .
    I swear I must have picked up 500 flakes because I always look at them later for secondary flaking , flake knives and tools . I really like my tools .
    I think I found a spokeshave in one scrapper .

Comment

• HawgBonz
      HawgBonz commented
      Editing a comment
      Prolly not a bad idea. I'd hafta get one of those grabber things the landscape guys use. My old carcass wouldn't let all that bending go without retaliation! Hehehe. d:^)

Tam - If you and Wayne ever get up here on a visit, I'll take ya down by the falls and then to the sawmill. You could spend the next week just picking up flakes and some of them wouldn't fit into the top of a fruit jar.
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

I’ll sit and enjoy those falls . Man I love the pics of those .

Comment

Working...
      X