No announcement yet.

So Alibates?..Most Highly Sought After?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Alibates?..Most Highly Sought After?

Sure seems like some of those nicer alibates people want..whats you think?...

Collectors want PRETTY. That is what they collect. Ugly is ugly no matter what the material. Beauty is in the eye of the collector, and many have never seen ancient alibates or would even care to.

Comment

I think collectors often want material associated with their collection or a certain area.  For example, I have a collection of mostly Kremmling/ Troublesome Chert, which is one of the local lithics.  Not because I want it more than other materials, it's simply because I find mostly that type of material.  It's not the most attractive, but it is quarried here, so I enjoy seeing this type of chert from other's collections around Colorado.  I know where it came from, and that to me is more exciting that just the look of it.

Comment

Alibates Harrells. These were found on the Dumas Ranch near Dumas Texas.

Comment

Scotts Bluff - Plum Color Tecovis Jasper which looks similar to Alibates - Lake Meridith Texas

Comment

Youve hunted near Dumas..?Very Nice alibates.Ive gathered same type stuff along the caprock Texas NM border...Isnt there some big flint quarry near lake meredith?..Very nice Materials.

Comment

I bought the Harrells from Keith Glasscock. He hunted that ranch for years. The Scootsbluff was purchased from the finder. There are a number of quarries in the area.

Comment

Working...
              X