Click image for larger version

Name:	78365DB5-5009-47CC-9806-DE426253EB05.jpeg
Views:	179
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	355751 Click image for larger version

Name:	BA8ABF4E-1FD1-473A-B9BA-8FE70F8F3CCE.jpeg
Views:	213
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	355750 Found this worked material the other day has a big inclusion in it so they tossed it. Would of been a nice one to find when finished. It’s green with black stripes running through it. N GA
    NW Georgia,

Cool stuff you find a lot of that
    SW Connecticut

Comment

I just call it worked flint I give it away at shows some like to tumble it. Might be a core
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Lindenmeier-Man commented
        Editing a comment
        I think your right about being a core... Here is what is strange to me, now ( I can’t imagine why) some people have started collecting cores !

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        When I first started collecting I saw them as a study piece and brought them home. I do have one or two still at home one is a miniature blade core almost could be a cone. But I have stopped keeping them unless they are special

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess if you can’t find anything else a core is better than nothing

I find worked pieces to that could have been nice and they toss . But they stackes? I really need to hit one to see what happens with one of those to understand why . A knapper would know hint hint. !!

Comment

I find removed stacks some of the bigger ones are worked into scrapers this one however is just a piece of a core no edge work. It’s a good tumble rock for a tumbler though
        NW Georgia,

Comment

Indeed

Comment

Working...
          X