Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very important info about materials used by the first ones!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very important info about materials used by the first ones!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	412102 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	412103

Comment

Are you sure you've provided the intended link? The paper is about the transition from Oldowan technology to the birth of the Acheulean Industry in Africa some 1.7 million year ago. And what is the relevance of your picture of a rock?
      I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

I just share this hand axe, (its a rock yes also a tool if you can't see it you may not hae the info about it) the document shows this type of tool, the material quartz used back then, the different tools used by oldowans then achulians etc, is a good document with lots of interesting info, also is the most accepted theory of our origins and the type and materials of tools used back then.

Comment

• painshill
          painshill commented
          Editing a comment
          There is no such thing as “Oldowans” or “Acheuleans”. They weren’t people. They’re names we give to the style traditions of tool industries developed by ancient hominins and handed through the generations to be copied by and improved upon by the various branches of the hominin family tree at different times. Oldowan technology is found in much of Africa, South Asia, the Middle East and Europe… both as a result of people movement and technology diffusion. It’s emergence in Africa was probably the work of Australopithecus garhi, built upon by Homo habilis and Homo ergaster and then inherited by Homo erectus who became the pioneers (but not the only exponents) for its evolution into the Acheulean Industry. The same Acheulean technology was also copied by Homo neanderthalensis, from which the Mousterian Industry developed. You need to do a lot more background reading.

Your rock is not a hand axe or any other kind of tool. It’s jut a broken rock.

Our ancestors brought the knowledge to America and craft the same tools one million years after with the materials available in their area.

Comment

That's not a hand axe. It shows no signs of being manipulated by man. No pecking, grinding, or flaking. Intentionally created tools will show obvious signs of manipulation.

Comment

• Gepettojuan
            Gepettojuan commented
            Editing a comment
            no pecking?, no grinding? It has both! Bad pictures maybe

• KKOhio
            KKOhio commented
            Editing a comment
            Your pictures are not the problem. They are clear. The problem is your understanding, identification, and knowledge of artifacts. You should take the time to read and learn. Look at actual artifacts.

1. That is African technology, and although I am a Christian, and don't necessarily believe anything is that old, logic would tell me that by the time people came over to America, they would have learned how to make good, functional tools, not just rocks. Like Paleo Clovis for example.

2. There are many countless millions of rocks out there that could be used for something. Hand axe for example. But that does not make them so.

3. Like I said, please look up pictures of authentic American artifacts, and learn from them. I would advise visiting a Native American artifact show, or handling real artifacts for yourself somewhere. Once you see these things, and hold authentic things in your hand, you'll get a feel for them.

4. This is going to sound ridiculous, but watch a YouTube video on Flintknapping. As crazy as it sounds, it is a dandy way to learn how artifacts were made. There are videos on primitive tech, arrowhead making, axe head making, etc. It really is a great help in my opinion. When I took up flintknapping, it became clear what was artifact, and what was not, just because I knew how they were made.
          "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

So I’m confused. So maybe Lucy used a stone like this ?
            Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Hoss
              Hoss commented
              Editing a comment
              Lucy was a tad bit older. 3.2 million I think Homo Australopithecus. Pretty sure Oldawan was Homo Habilis
              Last edited by Hoss; 12-27-2019, 11:11 AM.

GepettoJuan you have made it onto my radar in just four days, Congratulations on that. Click image for larger version

Name:	im watching you.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	412257
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Gepettojuan
              Gepettojuan commented
              Editing a comment
              Jeje, This knife for you mr hoss. kkohio maybe cant see this one too but is OK! not trying to convince people, love it or laugh about it, still fun for me too.

Rough but still sharp, difficult to know the material, its heavy though! Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010014.JPG
Views:	408
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	412387 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010013.JPG
Views:	405
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	412388 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010010.JPG
Views:	392
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	412389 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010015.JPG
Views:	422
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	412391 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010011.JPG
Views:	418
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	412392
            Attached Files

Comment

Just a rock!
              Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0e5cd17e5ccaf84fb948b02486b9efae.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	412403
                So now you are read only. It's not funny Gepetto.
                Happy New Year to you.
                Last edited by Hoss; 12-27-2019, 09:40 PM.
                TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Tam
                  Tam commented
                  Editing a comment
                  đź‘Ź

• Cecilia
                  Cecilia commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My Ode (it’s really a short limerick) to Hoss:

Touché, touché, touché.
                  Hoss can rock Rock Repartee!
                  Last edited by Cecilia; 12-31-2019, 01:36 PM.

Homo postrockus
                North Carolina

Comment

Studies have shown postrockus would walk into an ancient symposium on elephants... And yell giraffee!!! Also known to direguard his adopted tribe, and not knowing who the leader is essentially causing banishment. Postrockus has been found in association of rudimentary pictures and expedient rocks. Dispersion is widespread and has been known to roam in packs.
                  North Carolina

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                    SurfaceHunter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm so confused I didn't understand that. But many things go right over my head.

• Cecilia
                    Cecilia commented
                    Editing a comment
                    LizFlake, you rock that Rock Repartee too!!
                    Last edited by Cecilia; 12-31-2019, 01:33 PM.

Lol
                  North Carolina

Comment

Working...
                  X