New Mexico Agate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mexico Agate

A few x-Eiserman agate pieces from N. Mexico. A couple of the birds in hand are not agate. I really like the clear variety it's highly translucent.

Agate hafted scraper on a krf endscraper

Ryan
    Now, those range from wonderful through to breathtakingly beautiful!

Painshill
    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Those are absolutely beautiful. Drool...

Comment

Great looking material!

Comment

Ryan thanks so much for the show. Those are some real nice lithics    
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

wow, gorgeous lithics Ryan and beautifully crafted artifacts to boot! I see you took those pics in the daylight.....your not still in the dark are you? :laugh:
            Southern Connecticut

Comment

AHHHH!!!  There's that same feelin' I got when I received my quartz point!  Indescribable!!! :woohoo:

Comment

cgode wrote:

wow, gorgeous lithics Ryan and beautifully crafted artifacts to boot! I see you took those pics in the daylight.....your not still in the dark are you? :laugh:
                Thanks buddy. Yep, still in limited power mode. Oh well the tv is boring anyway. Been spending most of my time in the bedroom

Comment

candy!, thanks for sharing, ts

Comment

Good one Twoshovel looks like  Candy for sure!    
                    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

That is some gem quality material. Glad you showed us.
                      Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Man those are really nice ones Ryan, thanks for sharing!
                        Joe.

Comment

The two white ones at the top are Basket Maker Culture items and are made of Chalcedony.
                          Chalcedony is a cryptocrystalline form of silica, composed of very fine intergrowths of the minerals quartz and moganite.These are both silica minerals, but they differ in that quartz has a trigonal crystal structure, while moganite is monoclinic. Chalcedony has a waxy luster, and may be semitransparent or translucent. It can assume a wide range of colors, but those most commonly seen are white to gray, grayish-blue or a shade of brown ranging from pale to nearly black.
                          The others look made of Agate -and- Chert.
                          Jack

Comment

Working...
                          X