Material! Material! Material!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Material! Material! Material!

These are three Flint Ridge flake specimens I found recently. Beautiful points they would have made!!! I'm still looking for that point and very hopeful to find one...or two...or three!
    FLAKE ONE:

FLAKE TWO:

FLAKE THREE:

:huh: they gotta be there somewhere Pam. Keep lookin'.

Comment

Butch Wilson wrote:

Thank ya' Butch.  I'll keep lookin'.   I just can't bring myself to leave these flakes behind!!!  They're dang awesome!  Least I think they are. 
      I've said it before, as silly as it sounds, and not too proud to say it again.  It's like these pieces have a life of their own when I hold them in my hand.  May be a dumb feelin', but it has yet to leave me.  Supposin' it will never go away! :blush:

Comment

[QUOTE]roustabout149 wrote:

Originally posted by Butch Wilson post=42931
          Thank ya' Butch.  I'll keep lookin'.   I just can't bring myself to leave these flakes behind!!!  They're dang awesome!  Least I think they are. 
        I've said it before, as silly as it sounds, and not too proud to say it again.  It's like these pieces have a life of their own when I hold them in my hand.  May be a dumb feelin', but it has yet to leave me.  Supposin' it will never go away! :blush:
          Isn't that what it is all about!
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

[QUOTE]gregszybala wrote:

[quote=roustabout149 post=42933]
          Originally posted by Butch Wilson post=42931
            Isn't that what it is all about!
            I say, Greg,  Hi ya'!  Yep...surely is!  I posted a piece I worked really hard to get a couple of days ago and there it sits in the no reply section.  Kinda' came to the conclusion that what interests me doesn't so much interest others nearly as much.  Those darn triangle stones that I could literally pick up hundreds of...get more attention than an awesome piece of material that was used by the Native American.  Sometimes I just can't figure it out.  Major confusion in my brain! :lol: 
          The hunt goes on!!!

Comment

I have good news Pam, according to me you are normal!!! Bet that makes you feel warm and cushy all over..LOL. I too pick up all materials and keep them in cans. I just don't know how many more bends are left in these degenerating discs in my spine, so I pick up and save all flint, don't want to waste a bend on the same piece!-Bill

Comment

Working...
            X