Help with rock ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with rock ID

These are local rocks I find here in the south central area of Colorado, the San Luis Valley, flanked on the east boundry by the Rio Grande Rift and on the west by the La Garita CalderaTuff.
    The green is from the east side an the brown is from the west side, both to be identified. White quartz is a nice polish stone is 3+". Thx for any help.
    Last edited by Rio Del Norte; 04-21-2020, 07:20 PM.
    San Luis Valley, southern Colorado

So many different geologic types from Colorado , maybe a geologist from your area could help...
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Rio Del Norte
      Rio Del Norte commented
      Editing a comment
      Hope one's on here...I've found numerous artifacts made with both lithics.
      Last edited by Rio Del Norte; 04-16-2020, 09:23 AM.

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Most geologist are like my cousin Susan. She could care less about artifacts that were made from any material. Now if it were a fossil lithic , then maybe. It would be fantastic to have a geologist resident here who had a interest beyond just formations. I’m sure somewhere there is such a person. I’m afraid we’d overload said geologist, it sure would be nice though...

• Rio Del Norte
      Rio Del Norte commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been searching the net and have some possibilities on the green one, nothing on the brown...
Working...
X