I found this today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found this today!

For those of you who know me, you've probably already guessed that it's Flint Ridge material. My obsession. For those who don't, this is the material I find in the field I hunt. My goal is to unearth a point made of this, rather than all of the items I have found to date. Just one will do!

I hate to disagree Pam, but..............................I'm pretty sure...........if you find a point crafted of Flint Ridge.........your going to want more! :whistle:  :cheer:
    Southern Connecticut

Comment

cgode wrote:

I hate to disagree Pam, but..............................I'm pretty sure...........if you find a point crafted of Flint Ridge.........your going to want more! :whistle:  :cheer:
         :laugh:  :laugh: That's quite true, Chris.  Also...futuristic!  Right here, right now, this minute; I'd settle for just one and want more later.

Comment

That sure is beautiful material. Hope you find a point made from it this Spring!
        Rhode Island

Comment

Good luck Pam hope you find many!    
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Thanks, Hoss!  I'll b going tomorrow to check the field.  Last year produced six complete points and many other artifacts.  None of the points seem to match the material of the cores and spall I find.  But the tools do!!! Thanks for the perk!

Comment

Hey Pam, I have some of that Flint Ridge material!    Nice stuff.

Comment

[quote=Butch Wilson post=46694]Hey Pam, I have some of that Flint Ridge material! Nice stuff.[/quote
                The material really WOWS me, Butch! Did I ever tell you I have a NC quartz round based Guilford??? :kiss:
                This one is winking!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Comment

Pam the face on that one reminds me of my first ex-wife ! She lives in Canton.....where did you find it ? :unsure:

Comment

Hope you find one Pam.  Probably didn't use
                    that material much for points around there.  Don't
                    know,  but if you're finding points,  should be some
                    from that material as well. 
                    Gary
                    South Dakota

Comment

[quote=SDhunter post=46713]Hope you find one Pam.  Probably didn't use
                      Gary[/quote
                      I certainly hope that's not the case, Gary, regarding not using the material for points!  Was there a reason for your thoughts behind that?  With Flint Ridge being a hop, skip, and a jump away, I would think I'd find a point that is FR material.  Well, I'm not going to give up.  Maybe this year.

Comment

[QUOTE]roustabout149 wrote:

Originally posted by SDhunter post=46713
                        Hope you find one Pam.  Probably didn't use
                        Gary[/quote
                        I certainly hope that's not the case, Gary, regarding not using the material for points!  Was there a reason for your thoughts behind that?  With Flint Ridge being a hop, skip, and a jump away, I would think I'd find a point that is FR material.  Well, I'm not going to give up.  Maybe this year.
                          Nope Pam,  No reason at all.  It was just an assumption, that if you're finding points there,  but not of that material,  then maybe they didn't use it much.  I have no reason to believe that there
                        shouldn't be any.    Hope you find some!
                        Gary
                        South Dakota

Comment

Good luck Pam! I thought I would find a point made out of Burlington Chert because I see so much of it but so far just tools, May the chert be with you! Sandy

Comment

Dandielyonwine wrote:

Good luck Pam! I thought I would find a point made out of Burlington Chert because I see so much of it but so far just tools, May the chert be with you! Sandy
                              Thanks, Sandy!   :laugh:  :laugh: "May the chert be with you!" :laugh:  :laugh: Cool Never had anybody tell me that before!

Comment

Pam,
                                    Keep looking, the ancients made a wrath of points out of flintridge, it is the pinnacle of material for material in many collections, you will find one I am certain of it, Butch, I am sorry to say but I am a mere 20 minute drive from your ex-wife my friend, if I see any woman's face that simulates that hunk of stone I'll steer clear of her, unless you want me to tell her hi._Bill LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X