Concrete Arrowhead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concrete Arrowhead?

Hello everyone I had a freind that found this arrowhead in Oklahoma. Is it concrete or something else. I need help with identifying the material.

Cool find! It’s definitely not concrete. It’s a type of chert or flint. It looks like a woodland period Gary point.
    Last edited by Artifascination; 07-08-2020, 06:27 PM.
    SE ARKANSAS

Comment

I'd say either a low grade chert or a quartzite type.
      NW Georgia,

Comment

Nice, some of the folks around here just call it a conglomerate chert...
        Floridaboy.

Comment

That does look like concrete, I would say a conglomerate material as well. Pretty cool piece.
          🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Definitely not concrete... The Native Americans weren't around for the white mans invention of concrete. That would be a very low grade stone, possibly limestone or something similar.
            "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• LucasBMylks
              LucasBMylks commented
              Editing a comment
              Just for a bit of fun try researching concrete. I was looking into early Romans a few months back and found out quite few things that were incredible. As a teaser ask yourself when dya think concrete was invented? I was out by quite a few years!
              LbM

• Kentucky point
              Kentucky point commented
              Editing a comment
              To tell you the truth, I'm not sure when concrete was invented, I just know the American Indians never had any, at least not the stuff we think of today.

• oldrocks2
              oldrocks2 commented
              Editing a comment
              Even if they had concrete they didn't have re-bar so no buildings.
          Working...
          X