Pyro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pyro

At times, my youth was certainly misspent. As a boy, I threw practically anything and everything in the fire to see how it would burn.

Funny...I never once tried to heat treat flint.

It takes my 5 year-old son, after I explained the process of the Native Americans, to suggest, “Why don’t we try to heat some of our flint daddy?”

Any suggestions?
    Have any tried this with success?

Thanks,

Flint Eastwood
    northwestern Pennsylvania

Fairly simple a turkey roaster... The knappers here can tell you about the process, then he’ll want to start Knapping, then you’ll have to buy 300 bucks worth of fancy Knapp in stuff, and you’ll have to find a place to Knapp (can’t have flakes all over the house ) of course you’ll need antiseptic, bandages glasses, a fan to blow the dust away, etc... Oh yeah you guys will have to wear a mask...The upside is you’ll have enough chips for a great lookin rock garden, lol, kidding of course, I wish I’d of known about it when I was his age, too lat now. Nice post.
    Floridaboy.

Comment

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      You have ChristmasTree Brain, Harold Gorges!

Cover the stone with 1-2 inches of dry sand. Build a hardwood fire on top of the sand. Not small, but not huge, enough to make a bed of coals you could cook meat over. Cook a nice rib eye or T-bone. Let the coals burn out on their own down to gray ash. The next day when all is dead cold, dig the stone out and see how it went.
    Central Virginia

Comment

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow. That’s kinda how made “laulau” in sand at beach in high school!
Working...
X