Not an artifact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not an artifact

So when I was in the creek I found this quartz rock. I saved it cause it had the green rock attached to it. What is the green rock if anyone knows? Its something I've never found before so I was wondering if anyone knew what it is. NW Georgia, thanks Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20200930_160029.jpeg
Views:	310
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	492512 Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20200930_160036.jpeg
Views:	248
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	492513
    NW Georgia,

I think I should of put this in the rock forum but wasn't sure. Any help would be good
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Wish I had an idea for you, nice find S/H.
      Floridaboy.

Comment

I have no clue either, bet it looks cool wet.
        🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Maybe some copper in the material ?
          Lubbock County Tx

Comment

I was thinking possible raw copper jj it feels heavy. I was thinking about smashing it with a hammer and look. I was hoping gold but its green.
            NW Georgia,

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
              Lindenmeier-Man commented
              Editing a comment
              IDK, is it magnetic ?

• Lindenmeier-Man
              Lindenmeier-Man commented
              Editing a comment
              Anyway ,I bring home any stones that are not natural...

• SurfaceHunter
              SurfaceHunter commented
              Editing a comment
              I didn't even think of checking but I will. There is lots of black sand in quartz creek.

Cool but no idea.....it would be a good one for St.Paddys day green finds!!!
            SW Connecticut

Comment

Thanks Red I'm always looking for something different when I hunt creeks. I need to swing the metal detector out there this winter after all the grass dies off.
              NW Georgia,

Comment

Is it Greenstone that's found in Georgia? From around Dahlonega?
                South Carolina

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                  SurfaceHunter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No don't think so its attached to the quartz. I'm going to soak it in vinegar to see what's under the green which should dissolve away to be sure nothing is under the green rock. It just looks different from any other quartz I've found.

Hi Surface.- Quartz forms with many kinds of stratified rock matrix. What you have is the interface of the two different stratifications. They are just still connected. The greenish side isn't a copperlite. I can't say just what kind of stone it is. I believe it just has a greenish tint. Kim
                Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                  SurfaceHunter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The green is another type of rock has a different feel to it kind of grainy
              Working...
              X