Click image for larger version

Name:	A9BCC9D6-4AB1-42E3-8359-3EE2A88A52E0.jpeg
Views:	379
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	550069Click image for larger version

Name:	14946CFA-9596-4BF9-8077-2F7B10EF1575.jpeg
Views:	269
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	550070 My wife found this flake knife on one of our spots in Tulsa county, Oklahoma. I haven’t found any tools in this material before. It has some cortex still so I assume it’s chert of some type? When it’s wet it looks purple. Any ideas?

Not sure but don’t think it can be typed...I’m sure there are some that say it’s an intentional fluted uniface point but it looks to me like the maker took advantage of a step fracture on a thinning flake, either way, same result and could be a paleo piece....Just some thoughts from a guy that lives in Florida and has never found any Obsidian...I like it
    Floridaboy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal Gorges View Post
      Not sure but don’t think it can be typed...I’m sure there are some that say it’s an intentional fluted uniface point but it looks to me like the maker took advantage of a step fracture on a thinning flake, either way, same result and could be a paleo piece....Just some thoughts from a guy that lives in Florida and has never found any Obsidian...I like it
      Thank you very much! And I apologize I wasn’t more clear, I’m actually wondering about the material itself. I just haven’t found anything similar in my area before.

Comment

• Hal Gorges
        Hal Gorges commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry, wasn’t paying attention., did I tell ya it’s a great looikin piece...looked like Obsidian but so much of the lithics from out that way looks the same to me
        Last edited by Hal Gorges; 04-23-2021, 01:11 PM.

Has a look of Texas root beer flint look to it but idk how close you are to the source
      NW Georgia,

Comment

Working...
      X