Whatever it is, i like it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatever it is, i like it!

I have only found a few samples of this material here in southern indiana, but i like it!, I have posted it in another group i belong to with the only suggestion being possibly jade, which is a material i am not very familiar with, can any one identify this for me please?...if not, i thank ye for your time all the same...🙂
    Attached Files
    JR, from jackson co, southern indiana

You would have to crack one open to know for sure
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Talkingpoints
      Talkingpoints commented
      Editing a comment
      To know if its jade or not?, Or just to see what the inside looks like?

Both
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Talkingpoints
      Talkingpoints commented
      Editing a comment
      They are actually on my desk, at work, ...i will crack that smaller one open tomorrow i rekon, in the name of education..lol...the larger one i like to roll around in my hand when im just sitting around....🙂 Until tomorrow...🤝

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Lots of rocks look different on the inside

It definitely looks different on the inside...🙂
    Attached Files
    JR, from jackson co, southern indiana

Comment

Is it chert?
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• Talkingpoints
        Talkingpoints commented
        Editing a comment
        I dont think so, i mean i wouldnt call it chert, it doesnt break like chert, nor does it appear to contain any fossil material

Might be mudstone did you find it in a creek
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• Talkingpoints
        Talkingpoints commented
        Editing a comment
        In a Field, lower bottoms area, along the white river..in the context of a locally known site, where myself among others have found multiple projectile points, pottery pieces, etc....only two, i think, that i have ever found like these...

Its quartzite
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Talkingpoints
        Talkingpoints commented
        Editing a comment
        Quartzite, never saw that coming, thats interesting, im going to try and confirm that...thank you gentlemen for your time...🙂

• Talkingpoints
        Talkingpoints commented
        Editing a comment
        You sir are correct, after a little research i did concluded that it is in fact quartzite....a metamorphic stone, or basically heat treated sandstone!....thank you all for your time...🙂

• Hoss
        Hoss commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL well thanks for the props. It is darker than most quartzites I have seen but it is unquestionably quartzite. I wish I saw you question prior to breaking it.I could tell from the nodules. I have seen lots of it in bank run gravels back in Connecticut.
    Working...
    X