No announcement yet.

NC Quartzite Knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NC_Stone_Collector, don't confuse regular Quartsite with Orthoquartsite. I have seen NC Orthoquartsite so I know it exists there.
    CMD, with lithics the Indians used I have learned never to say never. I found a North Carolina Morrow Mountain knife, guilford, and an expedient Middle Archaic knife that all were made out of Schist. Therefore some grades of Schist were apparently highly metamorphosed enough for the Indians to have knaped decently.

Comment

Bill wrote:

NC_Stone_Collector, don't confuse regular Quartsite with Orthoquartsite. I have seen NC Orthoquartsite so I know it exists there.
      CMD, with lithics the Indians used I have learned never to say never. I found a North Carolina Morrow Mountain knife, guilford, and an expedient Middle Archaic knife that all were made out of Schist. Therefore some grades of Schist were apparently highly metamorphosed enough for the Indians to have knaped decently.
        I can appreciate that, Bill. I have one small Brewerton Point made of RI Formation shale, and it was knapped somehow.
      Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
      X