Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if you really want to know Mr. Martin, their use was to scalpel.  There are more here too but I picked out the best forms for observations.  The fine tuning of these are not apparent, the crisp edges are blunt on some.  Probably due to age and geological change that occurs to stones of this nature and composition.  There is not a single example of these compositions anywhere else on this land, in the creek, or along that creek.  All artifacts are situated up hill from there.  From my speculating, the paleos I found are in the creek and along the edge of the creek.  I went up the hill 50 yards and found the Kirk today.  Then about 2 years ago I found a Morrow Mtn about 100 yards up the hill from the Kirk.  I'm definitely reading a story that these rocks are telling me here.  So right now I'm dead convinced on this discovery until I show this to the superior expert of materials and archaeology in my region of NC and he gives me the okay.  Maybe this chapter will never end.  Hopefully I won't see the day when there is nothing left to learn about this subject.

Comment

Stone collector  you posted your "finds" asked for information. You were given it by people well versed in Native American artifacts, and. Lithic material. There seems to be two choices accept the information presented or dismiss it ! Why don't you choose one. You don't need to prove anyone wrong !

Comment

I have no animosity here, but I'm going to dismiss this forum just like the other one a few years back.  Some guy from FL posting NC arrowheads trying to show me that they should look like this.  Dang, they look freshly made to me.  He called mine natural and then turns around and posts a rock that looks more natural than mine.  Not every thing is gold buddy'o!  Some are artifacts to me b/c of they way I found them.  They told me a story leading to my better find today.  I won't be proving anything to any one anyway b/c I find these for myself to describe the culture of these inhabitants that used to live here.  I see that they played and worked with rocks just for fun too.  You're old eyes just can't see it anyway.  I have actually had very little help or told wrong with this forum junk.  To tell ya the truth, the very, very first posting I ever had was a fake arrowhead with no patina and dirt on it.  I knew it was but I wanted to see what's going on here before I jumped in.  Well dang if yall knuckleheads said it was real.  So the opinion mess doesn't fly with me.  I'm in my prime right now and when there is something significant unfolding, I know it.  I started posting these until I get to that sweet one.  Just like a ball hitting a bat, you'll know when your swing meets the ball on that spot.  Same happened here.  You should know I'm not trying to find everything and you should know what any NC artifact collector wants to have in their collection.  I'm following the trail to the well known Clovis.  Been very empty handed many times searching and yet to put one in my collection.  I know how valuable the better materials are and they're rare for that reason.  It's tough to make a decent find here.  Let alone, trying to find the Clovis.  I don't think it's outta this ball park right yet based on my recent find.  I will leave here with that optimism.

Comment

NC_Stone_Collector wrote:

I have no animosity here, but I'm going to dismiss this forum just like the other one a few years back.  Some guy from FL posting NC arrowheads trying to show me that they should look like this.  Dang, they look freshly made to me.  He called mine natural and then turns around and posts a rock that looks more natural than mine.  Not every thing is gold buddy'o!  Some are artifacts to me b/c of they way I found them.  They told me a story leading to my better find today.  I won't be proving anything to any one anyway b/c I find these for myself to describe the culture of these inhabitants that used to live here.  I see that they played and worked with rocks just for fun too.  You're old eyes just can't see it anyway.  I have actually had very little help or told wrong with this forum junk.  To tell ya the truth, the very, very first posting I ever had was a fake arrowhead with no patina and dirt on it.  I knew it was but I wanted to see what's going on here before I jumped in.  Well dang if yall knuckleheads said it was real.  So the opinion mess doesn't fly with me.  I'm in my prime right now and when there is something significant unfolding, I know it.  I started posting these until I get to that sweet one.  Just like a ball hitting a bat, you'll know when your swing meets the ball on that spot.  Same happened here.  You should know I'm not trying to find everything and you should know what any NC artifact collector wants to have in their collection.  I'm following the trail to the well known Clovis.  Been very empty handed many times searching and yet to put one in my collection.  I know how valuable the better materials are and they're rare for that reason.  It's tough to make a decent find here.  Let alone, trying to find the Clovis.  I don't think it's outta this ball park right yet based on my recent find.  I will leave here with that optimism.
            Sir, you were provided with experienced and spot-on opinions. You are free to reject those opinions, but you are in error, not this forum. Why don't you show your finds to an archaeologist in your area who works in prehistory or perhaps a local archaeological society? I can assure you without any doubt whatsoever that he/they will tell you those are unmodified rocks. If you never learned anything on forums, it must be because you are simply unwilling to learn. So many good observations made here, yet your stated response is to dismiss forums.
          Do you know how immature and silly that sounds? You don't get the answer you predetermined was the correct answer before you even questioned us, so you stamp your feet? Denial won't make those rocks artifacts. You came here completely unwilling to learn, IMHO. I hope you discover the truth somehow,  someday, and develop a better understanding of what is,  and what is not, an artifact.
          Rhode Island

Comment

OK Brandon it was your call. I just officially dismissed us from Y'all. They are rocks. go find a rock forum and have yourself a  nice day!
            NC_Stone_Collector wrote:

TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Well done Hoss! To knowingly post a fake here is a violation of our rules. Then to admit/brag about is an invitation for banning. Who is the real "knuckle head"?
              Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Working...
              X