Smokey Gray Oregon Obsidian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokey Gray Oregon Obsidian

I would like to know if this material has some local name. The four points are from Oregon’s Goose Lake Valley. Also would like to know the point types. Very interested to know type for D. Your help is always appreciated.
    Ron
    A. 2 inches

B. 1 inch

C. 7/8 inch

D. 1 3/16 inch

Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Nice pictures of those Points! Like the translucency/Color change.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Sure can't help Ron but that is some fine material. Maybe Arrow or Dalred will see this and help you out.
      Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Ron, those are great! always love obsidian points. cant help you with ID.
        Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

This material is interesting: I just had to go outside to catch some rays.
          Most of the pieces have dark streaks in the obsidian. The fourth point which
          I have labeled D is of special interest to me. I am wondering what it's
          possible use would have been. I'm wondering if perhaps it was used to harvest fish.
          Whatever it's use; I am always attracted to the odd points which I don't see often.
          Ron
          Michigan Yooper

Comment

Must be nice to look forward to finding such beautiful material on a hunt. Great photos, Ron. Crescent Drills look like your 4th point. But, way out of my region. That's eye candy there :cheer:
            Rhode Island

Comment

Material could have come from Glass Mountain in nothern California.

Comment

Can't help with ID but beautiful artifacts you have there. Thanks for sharing.
                Rick, East Central Missouri

Comment

A. looks like a NORTHERN SIDE-NOTCHED made of banded obsidian B. ROSE SPRING CORNER NOTCHED C. QUILOMENE BAR . D. a wild guess is a worked down to a drill form Columbia River mules ear .

Comment

Hey Dennis, Many thanks for all the help. Sure looks like you nailed it On all A,B, and C.
                    That last one had me guessing Harpoon, Drill, and Gunther Triangle but Columbia Mule Ear
                    worked down to a drill sure seems to fit. Thanks Again.
                    Michigan Yooper

Comment

Working...
                    X