No announcement yet.

Paleo Field Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The next American Society for Amateur Archaeology (ASAA) meeting is this coming Saturday, December 6, 2014 at the South Shore Natural Science Center, 48 Jacobs Lane, Norwell, MA .
    Dr. Gramley will be giving a talk on "Excavations of the ASAA Mastadon, Bowser Road Site, Orange County, New York".
    Meeting is from 12:00pm to 3:00pm.
    RSVP for buffet lunch or other questions: Margery Finneran, mfinn15@comcast.net .... Public is welcome to attend!!
    Should be well worth your travel time to come to the meeting...   the ASAA website is at  http://www.asaa-persimmonpress.com   Hope to see some of you there!  Happy Thanksgiving!!

Comment

B) thanks fer the heads up!
      call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

I've been silently sitting back taking in all of your information about the meeting - I have to go and check one out in the future.  I've ordered the Sugarloaf book, since the area is 45 minutes away I'm a bit excited about the prospect of exploring the Conn river valley.  I have a few spots in the valley, just waiting for spring (actual spring) to hit them.   I can't believe how much I've learned from this website in the short time I've been here.

Comment

clambellies wrote:

I've been silently sitting back taking in all of your information about the meeting - I have to go and check one out in the future.  I've ordered the Sugarloaf book, since the area is 45 minutes away I'm a bit excited about the prospect of exploring the Conn river valley.  I have a few spots in the valley, just waiting for spring (actual spring) to hit them.   I can't believe how much I've learned from this website in the short time I've been here.
            SATURDAY, APRIL 11, 2015
          TIME: 12-3 P.M.
          PLACE: South Shore Natural Science Center 48 Jacobs Lane, Norwell, MA. Please see our website

SHOW AND TELL
          PLEASE BRING YOUR ARTIFACTS!!
            R.S.V.P. PLEASE FOR LUNCH
          Any questions, contact Margery Finneran, mfinn15@comcast.net.
            PUBLIC WELCOME!
          Rhode Island

Comment

very very cool
            would love to attend something like that
              i also am amazed at the size of that fluting nipple
            the fluted items i have made,never have i set up a nipple that size to make the flute
            which may explain why i have more failures when fluting than successes
            i will have to give it a try like that sometime

Comment

Also if you have time that day after a stop with the ASAA you can either go to the Massachusetts Archaeological Societies "Spring Meeting" on April 11th at the Robbins Museum, 17 Jackson Street, Middleboro, MA
              Members $10/Non-members $12
                  Speakers: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
                  Lunch: 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM
                  Speakers: 1:30 PM – 4:00 PM
              SCHEDULED SPEAKERS:
              • Brianna Rae: “The Marshfield Airport Site: A Terminal Archaic Lithic Workshop.”
              • William Farley: A Preliminary Analysis of Archaeobotanical Remains from the Waterman House Site (MA 19-PL-426), a 1640s Puritan Household in Plymouth Colony.”
              • Zachary Singer: “Revisiting the Neponset Site: A Reanalysis of Formative Middle Paleoindian (Michaud-Neponset Phase) Site in the New England and Canadian Maritimes Region.”
              • Grace Bello: “A Walk Through Time with the Boats Archaeological Site of Dighton, Massachusetts.”
              • Ammie Mitchell: “Redefining Early Pottery in New York State.”
              • Bruce Rusch: Clovis/Pre-Clovis at the Gault Site in Central Texas“.
              • Susan Jacobucci: “Beech, Purple-Leaved: An Examination of a Historic, South Shore Landscape.”

• Joseph Bagley: speaking on An Analysis of Barbara Luedtke’s UMASS Boston lithic collection.

Here's a link to the webpage with this information.... hope to see some of you there.  You can either come before or after you wanted to go to the ASAA gathering.

Comment

Charlie, Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I definitely will be there with a pocket full of pointy rocks....well, maybe not in my pocket, but I'll be there.  Hope to meet some of you there.  Maybe I'll swing by the Robbins museum also if there's time that day.

Comment

Working...
                X