X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cobb's Blades.

Cobb's Blades.
    Posted by [turkeytail]:

Moderator Note: this thread was first posted in 2012 but failed to transfer across to the new forum when the software was updated, and so has been re-created manually.

First one from Missouri, just sold it. Second one an Ohio piece from the Cull collection. Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1712.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	201450
    Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1775-1.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	201451

Posted by [shartis]:
    Nice. Don't see them around here to much. Found this a few years back and I think it's one Click image for larger version

Name:	s2dad140.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	237.8 KB
ID:	201452

Posted by [rmartin]:
    Nice ones Guys. Here is best I have found. 3 3/4 inches. Click image for larger version

Name:	myartifacts313.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	201453

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Posted by [SDhunter]:
    Interesting point really. Aren't these really just preforms for dovetails, lost lakes, and decaturs? So these points are really just preforms and have not been used?
    Gary

Posted by [rmartin]:
    SDhunter wrote:
    Interesting point really. Aren't these really just preforms for dovetails, lost lakes, and decaturs?
    So these points are really just preforms and have not been used?
    Gary

Cobbs knives are known for their alternate beveling. These are not preforms but used knives. The one I posted has been resharpened several times.

Posted by [turkeytail]:
    SDhunter wrote:
    Interesting point really. Aren't these really just preforms for dovetails, lost lakes, and decaturs?
    So these points are really just preforms and have not been used?
    Gary

Thats what Overstreets says but as Ray said they were used as knives as seen by the multiple resharpingings.
    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Working...
    X