I(39)m back in Kentucky, back to where I started from

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I(39)m back in Kentucky, back to where I started from

Hi, I just made it back to my family's farm in Carter County Kentucky. Last time I was here I found several points and a lot of "scrap" carter cave chert. Assuming from someone making arrowheads? Check my profile for my posts of the pics.
    Yesterday I made a giant sifting box, 5' x 5' that has a wobbly motor attached. The floor of it is 1/4" wire mesh. I'm gonna move it over to where I found all of the other arrowheads today and start shoveling dirt into it. This land has been plowed for centuries so most of what I find on the surface is broken. I'm hoping to find something better by going down a couple of feet.
    I'll post back here as soon as I find something, and I KNOW that I will 
    Tony

Good luck, Tony!
    Rhode Island

Comment

Good luck can't wait to see your finds!
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Here's what I was able to find in a small 10' x 10' area, going down about 12 inches. The ground was super hard this time of year. I found a celt! several points, and what I think is part of a birdstone? I'll let the experts be the judge.
        There's so many pics I just put them up on Flickr here: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjvVCVB5
          Tony

Comment

That is one AWESOME celt Tony!!! Not a birdstone but sweet find in that celt!

Comment

Thanks. Hard to tell what the other 79.9 acres hold 

Untitled by Tony Barnhill @jongra, on Flickr

Comment

Good luck man! Your on a good spot now! :cheer:

Comment

I agree, very nice celt! Congrats.
                Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

These aren't anything? The one really looks like a bird head to me, broken at the neck. The other is a perfectly square carved rock. A kid down the road from our farm found a carved buffalo a few years ago 1/2 mile up the creek from here.

Comment

Congrat's Tony, nice celt and looks like you are going to be on to some great finds.
                    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Nice Celt!! I hunt Carter county alot.. A ton of caves and rockshelters.. Good county to hunt in..

Comment

Tygart or Buffolao creek..
                        I have seen alot of relics come off both.. and have found quite a bit along those creeks..

Comment

Neither one of those creeks. i'm in the eastern side of the county, closer to Rush.

Comment

Yes, I hunted Rush also

Comment

Working...
                            X