On a roll -- three more today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On a roll -- three more today.

Not a bad day... three little triangle points, 1 being hideous... Seems to have been resharpened to exhaustion. I've been filming my finds as of a week or two ago and will eventually put together a small video I guess, though I wish I had been doing that when I first started this site because it would have been good documentation of location and such.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8690.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	250174

Those are some nice finds! thanks for showing!
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

The tip of the jasper point, if it's in the right position, appears to have a " reamer " tip on it. Being triangles and Late Woodland period, these were made to bore holes in bone and wood. The edges of the tip should be polished, and possibly even very smooth.
      http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

• sailorjoe
        sailorjoe commented
        Editing a comment
        Good eye, Paul. I agree. It doesn't look like an arrowhead to me either.

I have no idea how that point is supposed to be positioned (I haven't thoroughly studied it yet,) but I believe I have it in the correct position. In the position it's in, it looks clearly resharpened to death... possibly ending up as a reamer of sorts as you mentioned. The whole point is polished as I was back on the beach, so it tumbled in the water for many years.

Comment

You had a nice day. I agree with Paul, It looks like it was worked down from a point to a new use.
        South Dakota

Comment

Ah, those little triangles that allude me. 😕
          Child of the tides

Comment

You are on a roll! I would take any of those even the hideous.
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Working...
            X