More quartz point plethora

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More quartz point plethora

I posted this picture piggy backed yesterday with the other quartz frame. The points in it where coming loose from the backing. This frame was created by my Dad before I was born. New paper in the backing of the frame confirms this. This is the first time this frame was opened in 60 years. Click image for larger version  Name:	date.jpg Views:	1 Size:	200.3 KB ID:	259717
    Click image for larger version  Name:	frame.jpg Views:	1 Size:	187.5 KB ID:	259716
    Click image for larger version  Name:	scale.jpg Views:	1 Size:	99.2 KB ID:	259718

How it looked yesterday below Click image for larger version  Name:	quartzframe2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	107.3 KB ID:	259719
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Hi Matt. What an outstanding display of quartz points. I never knew that the NA's living in the northeast produced such beautiful artifact of quartz. Most of the quartz and quartzite points I found were usually relatively crude looking. BTW that paper is dated a week before my 17th birthday.

Comment

Time to update this frame I will try and stick with this design but it needs a new backing to be sure. Amazed it stayed together so long. The back was nailed to the frame with carpet tacks, There was a screw in eyelet holding one side of the wire hanger and a horseshoe nail on the other side. LOL Back in the day we were poor. I lived in a trailer park til I was 7 . Dad probably just used what he could to make some of these earlier displays. But he sure did make them Pop with eye catching designs!
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

He did very well I think
        South Dakota

Comment

Stunning quartz!!
          Professor Shellman
          Tampa Bay

Comment

one of the nicest frames I've seen, thanks for sharing
            New Jersey

Comment

Wow! Can't even imagine.
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I looked at the newspapers again one was from June 1956 another from Feb 1957 and one torn in half said 1960 I figure because there was two types of nails he opened this back up in 1960 and stuffed another piece of newspaper between the batting and backboard. SOme of those points are clunky and heavy so sagging of the cloth probably happened and needed addressing early on. Pretty cool info in the papers. Ads for steak at .49 per pound. Veal three pounds for a dollar. Man they had it good. I was looking to see if they had any automobile prices but I could not find them There was an ad about the Olds 88 getting a new roof line for the 61 model LOL
                Last edited by Hoss; 08-10-2017, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Absolutely beautiful frames!
                  N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Stunning for sure Matt .... be sure to leave the old papers in there...
                    As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
                    NW Arkansas

Comment

Working...
                    X