Nolichucky Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nolichucky Points

Here are a couple of nice Nolichucky points from Greene County Tennessee. These points have a recurved blade edge with a straight or sometimes concave base. The base on the smaller on here is nicley ground which is also an attribute of these points. Two points showing both sides of each point. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4150.JPG Views:	1 Size:	89.0 KB ID:	260459
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4151.JPG Views:	1 Size:	89.9 KB ID:	260462
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4152.JPG Views:	1 Size:	81.8 KB ID:	260460
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4153.JPG Views:	1 Size:	82.7 KB ID:	260461
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Can someone offer some advice do you like this brown back ground or the white in the above post? This is the same point in the bottom two picture as above. Click image for larger version

Name:	20170807_134723.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	574.3 KB
ID:	260466Click image for larger version

Name:	20170807_134716.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	260467
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Personally I like the brown background. When we photograph artifacts for magazine articles we avoid white, blue & green. The latter two makes the lithics look sickly. Grey & espresso brown works well-- good neutrality for the camera's auto adjust, & occasionally black If the lithic warrants it.
      neat points btw.
      Child of the tides

Comment

• Hoss
        Hoss commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Deb

• Hoss
        Hoss commented
        Editing a comment
        I should know this stuff. LOL I have an 18% gray card around here someplace. Maybe I should just find it and use it.

• Jethro355
        Jethro355 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for this, I was wondering this morning what would be good to photo items on. I assume a matte finishing those colors?

Nice points Matt! I think the lighting came out better on the Brown background. But I do like how they stand out against the white.
      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• Hoss
        Hoss commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Josh

The glare from the white background is very hard to eliminate Matt. Which makes bringing out the artifacts detail almost impossible. Click image for larger version

Name:	image_30908.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	209.2 KB
ID:	260493 I have a feeling that if you used a wooden ruler to show the size of the artifact instead of the white tape that you use the details would be even easier to bring out.
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• Hoss
        Hoss commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Bruce.

Really like the brown Matt .... awesome points !!
      As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
      NW Arkansas

Comment

• Hoss
        Hoss commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks man.

Jethro355: yes, a matte finish with very tight weave. Heavily woven fabric is very distracting & detracting. Photograph in natural light or inside a light box or tent with diffused lighting.
      Child of the tides

Comment

Hi Matt. As is think i said in another psst in another thread The first image I saw was very good. I have no suggestions on how to improve on it as an image to illustrate it for the typology area for that type.

Comment

Here's my examples of that type. The first one is also from Greene co. Tn. The small white one was found by me in Campbell co. Tn.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170814_121152-1.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	260766Click image for larger version

Name:	20170814_121035-1.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	260767
          Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• Hoss
            Hoss commented
            Editing a comment
            Those are nice Josh

I retook a bunch of pictures but I used my old camera and now windows ten does not recognize it. I was able to remove the card and put it into the tower but now that dont work either??? Goona have to load them on my lap top when I get a chance and reload them here.

Comment

"We", call them rice shallow side notched.
            Nice Hoss, I like The brown background more.
            http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Working...
            X