Most of my 2017 goodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most of my 2017 goodies

Well the year is closing in and with the way the forecast looks anymore finds will be tough. This has been a year of ups and downs with extemes each way. I found my best axe, my best turkeytail, few points in northwest Arkansas, few points in Colorado, my best lerma, and my best buckcreek. I found three busted lostlakes and one just missing an ear. But I had to take a good portion of the year off with two knee surgeries and a tumor removal. I know it's a strange way of looking at it but I am glad I was in so much pain before surgery so the post op pain wasn't so bad? I am getting around good now and would go hunting if the conditions were good but I am not in good enough shape to work too hard for it. I set a goal to fill two frames a year but I ain't complaining, I found a few good birdies and drills that are in different frames.
    one of the frames I broke the other night and it made my heart sink when I heard "pop". I was looking for a point to post on jrock's buckcreek post and was stacking frames when it broke. I started putting frames back in the safe and was hoping I didn't bust a point. I didn't get to share the point with jrock but no points were broke. There is a few good paleo tools not shown but this is the bulk of my finds, good luck guys and gals.

R u calling that large center piece a Lerma ???
    wow what a year !!!! Congrats !!!!
    As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
    NW Arkansas

Comment

• p kurt
      p kurt commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya, the tan colored center piece in the frame with broken glass. You can see why I was feeling sick and lil mad at myself waiting to see the damage I had done. I will post a pic of just it.

I don't know what a Lerma is but that looks like a good year to me!

Comment

Comment

Hey Kurt, You sure had a very successful year. I like all your finds. That big knife and the hardstone axe are special.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

What a piece !!!! EXCEPTIONAL !!!!!
          As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
          NW Arkansas

Comment

That center point looks like a Hebron Turkey Tail. Thanks for sharing the pictures Nice axe too. Click image for larger version

Name:	wy1.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	275882
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Man there are some real interesting pieces in this frame the TT awl lower left The triangle with the unusual flaking on the lower left of balde and stem. Looks like they were adapting that blade for some custom work. Cool tools man. I love seeing these types of artifacts. Click image for larger version

Name:	wy1.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	275886
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• p kurt
                p kurt commented
                Editing a comment
                Hoss the turkeytail awl was found after my first knee surgery on the Tennessee river. the blade with the week shoulders came from a small ditch that has one small site on it. The only other point type I have found there is graham caves. I hunt that spot about twice a year just waiting for a big graham but have only found dart sized points all within about thirty yards. I think the center piece turkeytail is a Hebron too. It is very thin with translucent edges.

Great finds p kurt hope your recovery goes well!
              N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Wow Kurt, With the year you have had health wise I'm amazed you got out at all let alone fill two frames with some really nice finds. I'm in the heart of Turkeytail country and to find a Hebron like that in NW Arkansas, dang.
                Last edited by gregszybala; 12-10-2017, 06:48 AM.
                Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• p kurt
                  p kurt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Greg I found the center piece turkeytail hebron in Illinois. I went back and reread my post and seen where it can come accross that way. I think it was my best find of the year.

Nice! I hope The condition's get better soon.
                http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Holy Cow, Kurt! It takes many years in FL to get that many without walking sites.....we gotta dig to get em like that! Killer points and tools.
                  Professor Shellman
                  Tampa Bay

Comment

• p kurt
                    p kurt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It takes a whole lot of walking for me to find that many. Not to mention paddling and driving.

That's a fabulous year! The likes of wich I can only dream of! Really gorgeous frames, I'm looking forward to see what you come up with when you fully recover... Some really cool pieces there. Thanks for sharing this post!
                  Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Kurt if I could find half of what you have in one frame, it'd make my decade. I'm really glad to hear your knees are healing and getting better. Hope the rehab therapy goes well also. My wife's physical therapy was kinda painful but she worked through it only to wind up having a hip replaced. Life can be a bi... at times. Get well and get back to doing what you like best. By the by - I've noticed a lot of Lerma's seem to have a kinda dogleg in them. Do ya think it's designed that way or just the way the material was worked? Curious?
                    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• p kurt
                      p kurt commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Chuck I believe that the shape of this lerma is due to the platform the maker had to work with. I believe the bottom third was wrapped and not placed in a handle. The maker went with what he had and made the best of it.

• Scorpion68
                      Scorpion68 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That makes sense - thanks Kurt for responding.

What the heck Kurt??? I knew about the knee surgeries my friend but not about the tumor removal. I hope that all is well with you my friend.
                    For all that you went through this year Kurt, I would say that you had a fantastic year.
                    PS If this had broken when that glass snapped I would have cried with you.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_35261.jpg Views:	1 Size:	46.8 KB ID:	275924
                    Bruce
                    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Working...
                    X