Recent finds spanning a wide range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent finds spanning a wide range

The first point I believe is a ferry point, the second is hard to call due to broken base, and the third is a very well made madison.

Whoops the fourth is a Madison

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Better a whoops than a dang it.😀 nice finds my friend. 👍👍👍

Normally I find mostly brokes and a few intact. Lately has been opposite. I have a few other not posted but have been on a roll.

Comment

Man you have been doing great thanks for sharing these with us. Love those adena points man. Can I have that one? Maybe when you are done with it you can send it my way? Huh Please? LOL just kidding man that point is killer. The big knfe is as well. What are you calling that critter Lerma?
      Last edited by Hoss; 05-19-2018, 09:48 PM.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• p kurt
        p kurt commented
        Editing a comment
        Hoss it is hard to tell in pics but the big blade is starting to show beveling so that leads me to lerma. It is thin and made from Dover chert. I believe the adena type is actually a waubesa, it has the tiniest lil tip ding. It had to just wash out, it is full of lil hing fractures . I dont believe it had ever been frozen.

• Hoss
        Hoss commented
        Editing a comment
        Both beauties for sure.

You've made some dandy finds, indeed! Some that are easy for me to ID, some not so easy. I'm not familiar with the Ferry type. Think I'll have to do a bit of studying on that one. What are you calling the big side notched blade and the big willow leaf shaped blade?

Comment

Nice finds Kurt!

Comment

Sailor, the side notched piece I am calling a graham cave. The big blade a lerma due to beveling starting to show up on opposite faces. The floods have been bad for some but good for me.

Comment

I think being on a roll is an understatement .
            what a group of wonderful finds . I’ll let you all tennis ball it back in forth what is what and just learn .

Comment

Man! Some dudes have all the luck! Lol. Awesome stuff dude, really great finds. What I’d give to have locations like yours to hunt! Oh the potential !
              call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Congrats Kurt, very nice Finds!
                http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Great artifacts Kurt. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Wow! Killer finds! I can't decide wich is my favorite... That Buck Creek with drooping barbs in the last set photos is awesome in every way. Those fine triangles are also a cool find in my book. I'm floored at the cool stuff you find. Thanks for sharing them here!
                    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Wow man. You are on an absolute tear...That Madison looks like it just came off the knappers lap. The one pictured just before it with the square stem...is that a hairline crack or a vein in the material? Helluva haul man...wowzers...are these plowland finds or creek finds?
                      The chase is better than the catch...
                      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Yes, that is a hair line in material. So does the buck creek on the barb. I have one other point made from that same material as the square stemmed point. No none of these are field finds, they are all water points.

Comment

I have a point that is a twin to the graham cave except its more red.

Comment

Working...
                          X