I have a surprise / March Rain's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a surprise / March Rain's

Well earlier this month We had a few inches of Rain and it was The slow steady kind. Enough Rain to reveal a few Thing's here and there. Mostly broken Thing's until Today! But for The last year or 2 I have been having to get My Pic's to My Computer thru a CD Photo archive Disc Because My Laptop doesn't have an SD Slot, and I thought of trying to hook a wire up to camera and all that but I doubt that would work. Anyway Tomorrow I am going to get some Pic's up. And It's not a Clovis or anything like that but It's still kind of cool! Well, enough to get You breathing heavy lol.
    This one I don't have much to say about, but It does look like a uniface Knife
    Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2380.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	290523
    A Couple odd's and end's.

Name:	100_2381.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	290524 Broken small Point and "Survivor" Dairy Bottle from Clovis Field. They have a Dog and I kind of worry about all The glass in The Ditch. Luckily It just hop's right over it all. Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2383.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	290525 Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2382.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	290526 Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2384.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	290527
    Last edited by JoshinMO; 03-13-2018, 11:04 AM. Reason: Photos, more below!
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Geesh Josh the anticipation is killing me. Ill try waiting patiently though.
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

I'm not that patient Josh. There's got to be a way to download those pics to your computer. What are you taking the pics with - an Iphone, Android, a flip phone (like I use), a camera and does it have an access port for a USB line. That's how I download my wifes pics from her IPhone6 to my computer. If it's a camera - what brand and model? I'll research it for ya and see if they have a downloadable USB cord for it. My Nikon requires a special USB cord but I have 2 or 3 lying around. Actually I am patient but sure would like to see you be able to download quicker so you didn't have to go through the CD photo disc archive method. Mayhaps we can figure something out here. In the meantime - I'm with the other Josh - "waiting patiently."
      Last edited by Scorpion68; 03-12-2018, 09:31 PM.
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• JoshinMO
        JoshinMO commented
        Editing a comment
        The Camera's ok, It's a kodak easyshare, whatever model was new 5 years ago. There's only 2 headphone sized port's in front of computer, probably a 10 + year's Toshiba Laptop. I was thinking about using Somebodies Phone to send to My email Address though. Thanks Chuck, I'll get it figured out someday!

• Scorpion68
        Scorpion68 commented
        Editing a comment
        Josh - I to have a Kodak Easyshare that I used to use before my Nikon. I still have the software if you need it. Not sure I still have the adapter cord for it though but even though it's outdated, I bet you could find one at Radio Shack. Didn't it have a docking device?? Anyway - If you can use the software, let me know - I have no use for it now.

• JoshinMO
        JoshinMO commented
        Editing a comment
        Chuck, The Dang 1980's took Our Radio Shack away a few year's back. Thank You but I am just going to get a disc now and then until I replace this old Toshiba with something. No biggee and I appreciate It, but Pic's aren't a big deal at the moment.

Okay, Josh, we're waiting!
      Child of the tides

Comment

Cmon Josh. I still have a flip phone and I can get pics up...
        The chase is better than the catch...
        I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• JoshinMO
          JoshinMO commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think I have The online capabilities with The Phone.. But, The Sun is Rising.

An ugly Point?! Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2377.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	199.6 KB
ID:	290530 Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2378.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	290531
        Alright, It was just going to be a short walk so I left The Camera in The Car. I was abut finished and BOOM!

Name:	100_2386.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	290532 Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2388.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	290533 Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2389.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	290534 Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2390.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	290535

Comment

I guess It's a Hopewell, or something in The Snyders Cluster. Look's better in Person! More Light

Name:	100_2396.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	290537 Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2397.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	290538

Comment

An arrowhead hunter picking up a Clovis Field bottle. Sounds about right.
            Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

• JoshinMO
              JoshinMO commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL, I try

Sweet Josh! Well worth the wait! The irony of the bottle is a real funny coincidence, but cool. And that corner notch looks awesome with the patina, and it gives me an old feeling. I'm out of my depth on typology in your area but it reminds me of Calf Creek very much. Thanks for sharing these finds!
            Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

That milk bottle is a nice little bonus. I was thinking Calf Creek also. Someone posted a couple a bit back and that looks just like them. Cool find there man...
              The chase is better than the catch...
              I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Thanks Guy's, I like sharing what I can. I wish I could find a Calf Creek, I don't think that they made it up this far north/east. It's a real shame though because I think I have to return The Bottle to The Dairy Company. Says not sold.

Comment

Josh - as Josh (Ky/Tn) says it was well worth the wait. That insitu and those close ups are awesome. That camera still takes a great pic.
                  Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• JoshinMO
                    JoshinMO commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Chuck, I wasn't waiting for light this morning.

Great finds Josh! Cool bottle also. The "ugly" point has character.
                  N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• JoshinMO
                    JoshinMO commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Sugaree, I almost thought it seemed disrespectful but It is. Knapper's started somewhere, Hunter's also. Heck, Anything might do in a pinch/when hungry for a Critter.

Way to go Josh Man you did good!
                  TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Ahhhhhhh Josh sweeeettt . Great pic on Snyder/ Hope
                    type . You know how I love my bases . That has such great work on it . What a great example of the ear being reworked.
                    Beautiful lithic and patina too.
                    The others are great finds but I am partial to that one .
                    And your year starts out with a bang ..

Comment

Working...
                    X