Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scraper Thread! Post 'em all up! Choppers, too.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	P7291040.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	291945 Here's a few from my collection.
    Attached Files

Comment

• tomclark
      tomclark commented
      Editing a comment
      Filthy!! (in a GOOD way! LOLOL)
      Last edited by tomclark; 03-21-2018, 03:12 PM.

• south fork
      south fork commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure about that comment.

multi tool but scraper is one.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1687.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	291960
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Not real sure about the purpose of the first one, it might have been hafted? The other two are unifaced and I'm fairly certain they were scrapers
      Kevin - North/Central Texas

Comment

• AndyinMO
        AndyinMO commented
        Editing a comment
        I find that same lithic, or something very close to it, here in MO quite often. It's very pretty. Do you know what it is or if it is present in any of your local geo formations?

• CTex
        CTex commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm pretty sure its Evant or Hamilton Chert from the Edwards Plateau. Its everywhere where I hunt.

North Carolina Rhyolite. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3666.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	292010
      N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• tomclark
        tomclark commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow that's a great one. Old patina. The use-wear marks on the bottom of the piece is really unusual!

Some nice stuff there Tom. Larger than what I was expecting when I read scraper thread. Are you wanting to see all sizes and kinds of scrapers?

Comment

• tomclark
        tomclark commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh yes!! The Tool Club here wants to see ALL of 'em boom! Post them up pls.

These are Quahog Clamshell choppers and scrapers. Some pics show the use-continuum. Pinellas Co., FL Woodland
      Last edited by tomclark; 03-21-2018, 06:46 PM.
      Professor Shellman
      Tampa Bay

Comment

My favorite turtle back scraper

Comment

Fantastic, Tam! I was reading an article that stated if the angle of the working edge is 61 degrees or more they classify as a scraper, 61 or less is knife. Ah c'mon! I love seeing that steep, sometimes furious edgework on these, yours shows real well.
          Professor Shellman
          Tampa Bay

Comment

• Tam
            Tam commented
            Editing a comment
            Very nice information Tom . Going to go write that down ..
            Thank you

Ok, here we go. Hope these meet the criteria.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Crystal quartz scraper I found on the roof of Danbury Hospital Danbury CT. I was working on some HVAC equipment after a new roof was laid down. The roof had a rubber membrane with river rock laid down on top of it. We went up to re install some equipment that had to be removed for the roofers. As I worked with a wrench I dropped it and as I bent to pick it up spotted this among the river rocks. One of the oddest places I have found an artifact.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	crysscraper.jpg Views:	2 Size:	109.1 KB ID:	292163
                  The one below I gifted to former forum member Rmartin. It is notched and great artifact. Knox cert from east TN.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00171.JPG Views:	2 Size:	79.7 KB ID:	292164 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00170.JPG Views:	2 Size:	102.3 KB ID:	292165 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00172.JPG Views:	2 Size:	100.7 KB ID:	292166
                  TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Bayport
                    Bayport commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wonderful find story on the Quartz Crystal piece!! Beautiful too!

• tomclark
                    tomclark commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lordy lordy that quartz piece is utterly FILTHY!!!! You were destined to pick it up.

#3 was the first intact artifact that I had found in about 12 years and is really the reason this sickness began. These are all Edwards Chert with varying degrees of patina.
                  Kevin - North/Central Texas

Comment

• -=METACOM=-
                    -=METACOM=- commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I like all of those, that toffee colored one especially... looks like candy.

Western kentucky reworked archic points , hafted end scrapper.

Comment

Working...
                  X