A pf of a friend...looking for ID...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A pf of a friend...looking for ID...

I have a good ol friend that is just beginning to hunt for artifacts. We grew up together in Illinois but his travels have taken him to Arizona and now to Kansas. He recently found this while biking and checking roadside washouts after heavy rains, It was found in the Flint Hills area of Kansas. I do not have an exact area. I have compared it to several types but there are several that compare closely. What are your thoughts? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0126.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	301111
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Hi Frank. Kansas is way outta my old hunting grounds and it looked like nothing I am familiar with except the one Angostura I found. But I did some checking with a couple of references to see if I could find something comparable. I, too, found that there are some types that it resembles that are known from eastern Kansas or nearby. It looks most like a Nebo Hill or perhaps Sedalia to me. It also somewhat looks like an Angostura but I lean towards Nebo HIll.

Comment

I had the same thoughts as well Joe. There are a few crossovers that make it kinda hard to nail down. Thanks for the reply...
      The chase is better than the catch...
      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

You nailed it with nebo hill IMO
        Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

• BabaORiley
          BabaORiley commented
          Editing a comment
          That's what I told the owner Chase...thanks for your reply man...
      Working...
      X