Thumb scraper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thumb scraper

I know a few of you Eastern folk like seeing some of this Munsungun chert that comes from Maine and occasionally makes it down your way...It comes in many color variations and was favored by the locals...mjm Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180703_084008.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	306488

Hey Maine that's a cool color ...I gotta come up to Maine soon to see new grandson.. I'll see if my son can take me kicking... .keep hunting man
    SW Connecticut

Comment

Any streams,or shorelines are where to look...not much field walking to be had...don't know where you're heading but the stuff is there...

Comment

There are still a lot of collectors from Pa. who aren't familiar with this material, and it get's sold or identified as red jasper. This was used by the Paleo Indians in Pa., and then it skipped some time, and was again used by the Perkiomen people during the Transitional Period. I haven't seen it used outside of these two cultures.
        http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

Nice. Paul identified one of my flakes, I save any and all exotic flakes, as being this material. A special lithic for sure...
          Rhode Island

Comment

Nice scraper mainjman beautiful material .
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Beautiful scraper and lithic .

Comment

Occasionally flakes and one complete small knife have shown up on my Archaic site..Kineo Ryholite is the material of choice around here but a few cherts show up occasionally...Munsungun flakes are super sharp and had to be used accordingly...mjm

Comment

That’s a cool little artifact! Great color
                  call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Working...
                  X