Similar tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Similar tools

I found the black one a couple yrs. Ago in New Milford CT. Fairfield county .the light colored one was found in Texas by my brother in law a while back .after laying em side by side I thought it was pretty cool how similar they were thousands of miles apart .so here's couple pics ...
    SW Connecticut

Very cool Redrocks!
    You know although we have many different types of ecosystems across the continent, the kinds task that were done by prehistoric people's remained pretty consistent for thousands of years. Harvesting and processing game, building shelters, working stone, wood, shell and bone as well as making clothes, tools and adornments. These task we're all done with what was available and NA's were efficient at doing them.
    That's why we sometimes see similar tool forms that accomplished various task from different regions. Many recognized types have a doppleganger somewhere else that may go by a different name yet the uses, forms and age are all the same.

Thanks for sharing!
    Last edited by Kyflintguy; 07-07-2018, 05:15 PM.
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Thanx for the input KY/TN were you able to see the cool flaking on the black one? I don't know how the pics came out
      SW Connecticut

Comment

• Kyflintguy
        Kyflintguy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I was, interesting material on that one as well.

It looks as if the black one was also used as a drill before being discarded
      call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Hey Jay wow man that's pretty perceptive of ya . I like that theory
        SW Connecticut

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	3802663E-F624-4812-B1C5-BEB452CA6571.jpeg
Views:	120
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	307327 See the straightness of them sides and the flake it took off along that right edge from twisting? That’s the give away. Cool find!
          call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Yeah I see what your saying cool
            SW Connecticut

Comment

Working...
            X