Large unfinished adze???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large unfinished adze???

Too hot to dig so I spent the day wading the stream that borders my dig site..This was found in about 2' of water and is about 14" Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180709_073053.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	307584 long..It looks to me that it was an adze in the making...my largest artifact for sure...the pictures aren't the best but you can see where they were going with it...mjm

Comment

Looks worked mainejman show close up of the side view. that shadow takes away from the obvious pecking.
      Last edited by Hoss; 07-09-2018, 11:15 AM.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Like Matt, I will need to see better pictures. At the moment all I see is a rock.
        Bruce
        In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

By the wat MainJ I fixed your avatar
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Tam
            Tam commented
            Editing a comment
            What in heavens name .. I have never seen anything like that .
            Great find .
            Yeah better pics only because it’s amazing .

sorry but pictures don't really show much..It looks to me like the sides have been reduced to give it the overall adze look..I don't really see much pecking done on it yet...but I base my opinion on this other adze looking object found there and the many other adzes and gouges found there..mhm Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180709_153926.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	307652

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180709_154024.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	307654

Comment

My opinion is its an unfinished adze or gouge...the overall shape and how it's flat and thin...and it was found in the land of the wood working tools..lol

Comment

It looks pecked righ there MaineJman Click image for larger version

Name:	wy1.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	307667

Comment

Yes sir there are a couple spots on it that are pecked...it I a not the normal black hard stone that is completely pecked and ground...the other piece was really starting to deteriorate as far as the finish goes...but not all wood working tools were pecked....mum..

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180709_182501.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	308003 Two more tools that are hard to Identify unless in hand...the one on the left is finished but the one on the right I have my doubts that it was finished

Comment

Working...
                    X