Clear All

Sweetness
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	B631ED66-F140-4B00-B59F-C108AA8A738A.jpeg
Views:	205
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	343048 Here is my site frame. The frame, once again was a gift from Sugaree. Without him, this wouldn’t be possible. Lol. Anyway....
      From the center:
      The diagonal going to the upper right corner, are mostly Cottonwood Leaf
      The diagonal going to the upper left corner, are mostly Plains Triangular
      Straight up are small little birdies
      Right below the center, are the corner notched points called Pelican lakes
      Left and right of center are the side notched points, called Prairie Side notched and Plains Side notched
      The diagonal going to the lower right are mostly Avonlea
      There are a few Hanna’s and a few Besants mixed in.
      There are types placed here and there that don’t fit the above description, but you will get the picture.
      Thanks for looking

South Dakota

Comment

• redrocks
        redrocks commented
        Editing a comment
        Very nice frame SD

How many years of finding is in the frame Gary? I like how you arranged your frame. Lots of good finds
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• SDhunter
        SDhunter commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m thinking around 7 years. I get to hunt roughly 2-3 months out of the year. I have some stuff from other sites, but not enough to fill another frame. I probably could fill one with just scrapers

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s a long time of looking. I like scrapers to. Most don’t post the every day tools but I enjoy finding them to. I think it’s all interesting but points are harder to find. Well done and thanks for sharing

Gawd you guys are killin me!
      Professor Shellman
      Tampa Bay

Comment

North San Gabriel Site Frames.

Name:	December 2018 062.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	343121 Click image for larger version

Name:	December 2018 066.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	343122
        Central TX

Comment

• redrocks
          redrocks commented
          Editing a comment
          Very cool

• south fork
          south fork commented
          Editing a comment
          Great site collections

• Tam
          Tam commented
          Editing a comment
          Mercy

Click image for larger version  Name:	jan2018 018.JPG Views:	1 Size:	190.4 KB ID:	343177
        This is my Favorite Frame in my collection. Myself and two other guys found all of these in the last two years on a single site. They sold all of their finds to me. Nothing but Darrel's, Ensors, Fairlands, Birdies, Knives, drills. gouges.. They were a lot of fun to find.
        Last edited by KrisRock; 01-09-2019, 02:02 PM.
        Central TX

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          I like the Harahay the best nice brown color

• p kurt
          p kurt commented
          Editing a comment
          I looked at this thread last night and seen your frames and was pumped up! Dang that's some spot ya got there.

• Tam
          Tam commented
          Editing a comment
          Ya think omg

Very nice Kris hard to get a frame of perfect points nowadays
        NW Georgia,

Comment

The Brushy feeder creek was very generous. It gave us a "B" Frame. This tells the rest of the Story as Paul Harvey would Say. This frame has all of the archaic found in the camp,and all of the B grade pieces. Again mostly Birdies with Fairland, Ensor, Darrel, and small blades of the same.

Name:	jan112018 008.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	343447
          Central TX

Comment

• utilized flake
            utilized flake commented
            Editing a comment
            That curly maple looks awesome! Love that wood...points are nice too

Do how long have you been on that site? Another good frame
          NW Georgia,

Comment

• KrisRock
            KrisRock commented
            Editing a comment
            This site we thought was done a couple of times. My buddy moved to the property a couple years back. He stumbled on this transitional camp, above the Arcaic camp there that was almost completely dug three years back. We dug on and off for the last two years in the Trans camp, nice cause it was close by and we didn't have to dig deeper than 18 inches paid off good.

Slate - Basalt - Shale mostly archaic in age all one camp central Sierra Nevada foothills the trade beads are off our place .

Comment

• KrisRock
            KrisRock commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome Frame Dennis! Those beads are bad A$$. Did you find all of those?

• south fork
            south fork commented
            Editing a comment
            KrisRock yes personal finds I have a case of trade beads all off of our old homestead .

• SurfaceHunter
            SurfaceHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            What age are the trade beads Dennis? I don’t know much about them but like them

Awesome frame..just the slate points alone it's amazing you found so many
          SW Connecticut

Comment

I just saw this and looked at the date .. I was hunting but boy did I enjoy this . KrisRock that first case is killing me . Everything is so perfect .

Comment

• KrisRock
              KrisRock commented
              Editing a comment
              Tam, that's because they were protected by three to five feet of Texas solid packed ground. When those came out you just sat there thinking.... Well the last guy that held this was walking around right here 3500 to 8000 years ago. It puts the biggest grin on my face!

These trade beads are all from family property one site at American Flat Georgetown Divide N. California .

Comment

Those are beautiful. My brother lives in Eldorado Hills, my sisters in Rocklin, and my Father is in Roseville. Nice to know if I return to Northern CA. When I retire there are killer things to be found there. I guess the key like all artifact hunting is knowing the right piece of property to buy or get access too. Sweet show.
              Central TX

Comment

You guys have some amazing finds
                NW Georgia,

Comment

Working...
                X