Looking over previous finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking over previous finds

Well it was a day for getting out some frames and looking back on some good memories and good finds. I was hunting with a friend of mine several years ago near the Kentucky/tenn boarder when I found the pictured point. It has been one of my favorites due to the quality and the memory. My friend believed it to be a Dalton Greenbrier and I leaned towards just a Greenbrier. I have a frame that it sat in for years that is dedicated to Dalton era and older artifacts. I have since removed it to a different frame. I think I have posted this piece in the past, not sure. I was wondering what the consinsious would be, what is your call?

Nice point and looks like it's got some age to me. I'll throw a type out there but I'm real green lol, Big Sandy - Contracted Base possibly?

Comment

Very nice.
      South Dakota

Comment

I would call that a hemphill very nice sir

Comment

Those notches stand out when Were talking Dalton variant's. Nice
          http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Dalton variant looks correct to me some daltons are fluted not sure if yours is or if it’s just a stack removed?
            NW Georgia,

Comment

Real nice point
              SW Connecticut

Comment

Looking at my Illinois guide I would agree with Greenbrier and the range is the entire Ky/Tn border but it does fall into a cluster of very similar points...really nice one...
                Last edited by BabaORiley; 01-22-2019, 08:49 AM.
                The chase is better than the catch...
                I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Working...
                X