Unfinished point/arrowhead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfinished point/arrowhead?

Is this an unfinished point/arrowhead? Found in Medina County Texas. Thank you.

Lindenmeier-Man

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s a scrapper, prolly archaic..

It looks like one of those odd adze tools found in South Texas. Clearfork, Guadalupe, Nueces, Olmos and Dimmit adzes/gouges. Those are all different types, but I can’t tell them apart. There are some triangular uniface ones.
    Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Pretty good observation there Clovis. It doesn't really look like a preform and that flat/smooth side and overall shape makes me agree with ya on that call. Nice find there AG.
      The chase is better than the catch...
      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

I think it’s a finished tool of some kind. Scraper maybe
        South Dakota

Comment

It's uniface...Paleo? Probably a scraper.
          "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Here is a bit more info on Clear Fork Gouges if anyone is interested in this type of tool. Unique style that is localized in a relatively small part of Texas.

This link takes you to the Texas Beyond History website, and a page about these tools. There are a couple of pictures and description of how they were used. Scraper like in that they were pulled, not an adze or gouge in the traditional sense of metal tools.

The YouTube video shows some uniface examples. Triangular shape, often uniface, those ridges and high point that sets up the beveled working edge.

Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Working...
            X