Recent Dig Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Dig Finds

Went digging recently a couple of times, down at my farm, near the midden that I cleaned out over the past few years. Found a small fire pit, and lots of pottery, bone fragments, shell and flint in the dig area. Also found a few broken bases, tips, and other debitage. Ft. Ancient and Hopewell points, drill, pottery rim, and catfish spine bone awl in the photo.

Love midden finds. Great stuff there!
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

Sweet!
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Thanks Tom. The site is around 3 acres. Found this spot right in the wood line, about 50 yards from the main midden. Found a few archaic on the farm also. Maybe my shovel will yproduce a clovis one day......keep digging. i will post the rest of the artifacts on this post. I think you have seen my midden dig finds, on another artifact forum Tom Clark. Your knowledge of artifacts is greatly appreciated by everyone.....my friend.

Comment

Nice finds that catfish bone awl Is mad cool
          SW Connecticut

Comment

Hey Sarahsue, You have some real nice artifacts there. That bone awl is my favorite of the bunch.
            Michigan Yooper
            If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Sweet ! I can’t dig manually ( Bad Shoulder ) but I sure could bring out the Kubota backhoe ! JJ
              Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Gotta love those artifact wonderlands . Something always popping up . Yep that awl is a great find .

Comment

Very nice
                  South Dakota

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. Here are the other artifacts that I dug up with the ones I posted. Lots of tips/bases, and some Ft. Ancient points with the tips broken off. Also a couple of whatever rocks that needed to be hauled back to the cabin for further consideration......

Comment

Killer stuff. Is that triangle rock made of limestone/limerock??
                      Professor Shellman
                      Tampa Bay

Comment

• sarahsue
                        sarahsue commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah its made of limestone. Somebody said it looked like a pyramid boatstone, and gave me a link to a Cowan sale of one. But most people say its just a rock. Its has some polish on it for sure. I can't take very good pics right now as the sun rarely comes out, my laptop is on its last leg, and I am using my GFs tablet to take pics.
                    Working...
                    X