Site Collection Numbers 3 - 16 - 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Collection Numbers 3 - 16 - 2019

Do you count your points ? I counted some cases from the Tilly's Hill Site all personal finds . Whole points over 2000 thousand cased and I'm building more I still have baggies full and no telling how many brokes . And my boys have cases . Then there's the Artifact Jack Collection same site we must be close to 5000 points all finds private property N. California .

That is a staggering number!
    Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

I have nowhere near that many. Not sure where you could display that many either. But I sure know it would be fun finding them
      NW Georgia,

Comment

South, that site must have been inhabited through all periods man that is a boat load of artifacts. In Ohio along Beech Creek area in Stark Co. I am probably close to 10,000 artifacts between my finds and other collectors, but those are not points, scrapers, flake knives and other general artifacts. That is an astounding amount of points man, do they cover Paleo to Mississippian period? Bill

Comment

• south fork
          south fork commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you yes paleo to historic 2 1/2 acre site a small part of a large camp .

I figure over a thousand counting brokens. I don't count the pottery shards. Digging is hard work as you well know South Fork. Your killing it at your site on the west coast. Thanks for sharing your artifact finds.

Comment

Incredible numbers Dennis! Many many beautiful finds.
          Central TX

Comment

Just dumbfounding that many artifacts in such a small area.
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I would be gobsmacked if I even had 100th of that.
              Bruce
              In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

I’m ready to see your next 5000, keep up the good work! If someone back then lived to age 50 and lost 50 or so per year... how many points are left to find??? rattles my brain sometimes.

Comment

Wow SF. That's many many artufacts..good for you man. . Find more
                  SW Connecticut

Comment

This is part of the Tilly's Hill site collection all personal finds from private property N. California .

Comment

• JesseJames
                      JesseJames commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm surprised it's not mostly obsidian. Colorful material. Really cool.

I use to camp up there and when I see your posts I always think of how nice it would have been for the NA . Just beautiful country and not to harsh summer or winter in comparison . I can see how that Tillys Hill would produce .
                    just a wonderful display congrats.
                    I only display nice wholes . The rest of the flake knives , scrappers and pottery go in glass jars . Not to smart for chipping but there are hundreds . Only 3 cases of good stuff .
                    But I only hunt a few weeks a year . I am starting to date the location by latitude / longitude State and date so who ever gets these with not be confused .
                    Always like to see how people display . I have a good size sherd I saw someone put in a plexiglass box .
                    Then my goal is the really big ones just a few in a case . I did mention goal as I am in the hunt .

Comment

Wow South. Nice Artifacts & all from one area. Pretty amazing. Must been a lot of game round there. Find any pipes/plummets?

Comment

So many points.

Can you tell us a little about context?

Tillys Hill?

California

Comment

Dennis, that is a staggering number of points. I have a couple of big frames that have hundreds of small points in them, I love the way they look. If I had your problem, I'd go for a huge frame with 2000 points in it. #LifeGoals

My guess the ancient people around the Tilly's Hill site were either making the points or hafting/repairing arrows for regional trade. Down in Mexico you see very large villages where basically everyone made obsidian bladelets as an occupation. They apparently did very little farming/hunting, almost all of the tools and lithic waste is related to turning big chunks of obsidian into thin bladelets of obsidian and that was enough for other peoples to support their economy.

Joshua
                          Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Working...
                          X